penn 49l super mariner

Started by quabbin boy 62, July 25, 2020, 02:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

how can i tell what year these were made? all i know is they were made from 1941 to 2006

answer
0 (0%)
hi i'm new
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

quabbin boy 62

:)hi, i have 2 of these reels, bought them on ebay, dissasembled, cleaned, and repaired them. all they really needed (besides a good cleaning and lube) were an anti reverse dog on one, the other had the drag star tightened up with pliers and secured with red loctite. took some effort to get THAT apart (as well as another gear sleeve) they're both ok and spooled with copper for trolling. i am a newcomer, i have done a little work on reels (service and simple repairs) kinda neat to find other people who fix them. there was an older man from Chicopee Mass who fixed any reel that was brought to him, but he's gone to the happy hunting ground 20 years ago. thanks  

Crow

Hi, ! Good job on the clean-up ! The 49's are one of my favorites!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

quabbin boy 62

thanks, i use these in freshwater for lake trout, i bought 309m handles for them to save the torpedos, in case iever need to sell them.

Benni3

Welcome from salem Virginia,,,,,,, ;D

Bill B

Good to have you here, looks like we got another one turned to the Darkside.  Once you get bit by the repair bug its hard to let go.  The 49 is an unsung hero, plentiful and relatively cheap.  Bill from the montains of Southern California
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

quabbin boy 62

thanks bill, i'm up here in the hills along the massachusetts-connecticut line between sturbridge and springfield, one of the last quiet places around here. i only really fish at quabbin reservoir and off the beach in ri and sometimes cape cod. gotta go down to the city today and let my doctor look at me, he won't prescribe my arthritis meds if i don't! i'll fish tomorrow, though, winters comin'. take care stan

Donnyboat

Welcome Stan, fromsunny Western Australia, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat