looking for who can help me to get replacement parts from Daiwa and Shimano

Started by steelfish, October 21, 2020, 08:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Hey guys,

as many of you know I was born and live in Baja, Mex.
I get all the replacement parts from different vendors online and shipped to Calexico, Ca., I pick them out on a friend's house address or from my USPS  PO BOX.

since "always" I've been having problems to buy parts from shimano and daiwa, they dont accept my Visa CC or paypal (but I can use it every where else in USA), so I would like to know if someone can help me on a regular basis when I need a part from them.

Alan tani as well as other guys from the site had helped me before, but I would like to have a kind of deal with someone everytime I need a part from those Brands, which it wont be that often since 70% of the reels I get to repair are Penn reels that I get the parts from Mistyc or other brands of reels that just need bearings which I always get them from Dawn of Smoothdrag

we can get into more details by PM
The Baja Guy

Hardy Boy

Alex: I would love to help but you need someone from the States as the mailing from Canada is a pain as you and I both know ................. good luck.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

oc1

Now wait a minute.  I didn't know you could get parts for a Diawa or Shimano..... unless of course the reel is brand new and is unlikely to need parts.   :) :)

We are here to help.
-steve

steelfish

Quote from: oc1 on October 21, 2020, 11:44:02 PM
Now wait a minute.  I didn't know you could get parts for a Diawa or Shimano..... unless of course the reel is brand new and is unlikely to need parts.   :) :)

We are here to help.
-steve

I have some friends that think shimano reels are undestructible because of the money they pay form them and they will never need a yearly service, the aluminium in some shimano reels is not the best when you dont take care of it, daiwa aluminum threatment is a lot better than shimano, but there are cases when the owner lose a cap, a level drag lever, or in this case, the magnet on the lexa 300 was so badly corroded that the bearing cap grooves/shoulders got broken when trying to take the spool out.

I couldnt found where to get a new "set plate" where the bearing sits because it lost the shoulders where the retainer spring sits and also get an idea of the price of the magnet system for it.

PS: there are some guys that keep using the reel even if the feel or hear a gringind noise, they say, let keep using it until it breaks.
The Baja Guy