Penn Squidder 140/145/146 Side Plate Kits

Started by Cortez_Conversions, October 22, 2020, 11:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

Penn Squidder 140/145/146 Side Plate Kits now in stock.
Four colors to choose from at the moment, as I get feedback, I'll run more colors.

https://www.cortezconversions.com/product-page/penn-squidder-side-plates

Thank you,
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

JoseCuervo

Done. Silver.

Thanks Tom!

Swami805

I bought a set of the squidder plates last weeK, very nicely made as usual. Built a reel using one of Randy's XN frame and spool with a progear handle. Nice little package for 12lb mono. 
I used the stock dog and filed down the "tang" so it fit. As usual the little spring went flying so I scrounged one out of a cigarette lighter that's much stiffer, big noise for a little reel,  haha
Here's a few pics and one next to a CC squidder kit
Do what you can with that you have where you are

ReelFishingProblems

That's a nice looking XN.

I need to buy a set of plates now!

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

steelfish

that purple thingy looks like a low profile reel that sits high  ::) ::)

looks like a great toy to play, congrats Sheridan
The Baja Guy

ReelFishingProblems

Tom, thanks again for making these plates for us. Ordered the set on Veteran's Day and it already showed up!

The kit is truly great, and went together flawlessly. This was definitely worth the wait.

Nick

ReelFishingProblems

Hello again,

I just want to add a bit about these kits. Not only is the fit and finish perfect on the Tiburon XN frame that Randy so graciously helped us get, but they come with all the goodies you need to make a killer reel.

My kit came with a matching eccentric lever and SS dog on top of all the other parts we've come to expect from Tom. I've been using the stock brass dog with a SS sleeve. Luckily I didn't lose the spring in the old dog, because I would have to go next door to 7-11 to buy a lighter to tear apart.

I dressed up the reel with a Pro Challenger star and handle from Alan, and a ultimate 5+1 drag kit from Bryan.

I love the way this reel looks and feels. Now I'm on the quest for endless free spool. Currently using TSI 321 on the bearings.

Thanks to everyone with the design and machining skills that make this so much fun.

Nick

mo65

Nick,
   That one is off the charts...excellent job matching up the colors! I seriously doubt you could buy a better reel for the money. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

ReelFishingProblems

Quote from: mo65 on November 15, 2020, 02:19:43 PM
Nick,
   That one is off the charts...excellent job matching up the colors! I seriously doubt you could buy a better reel for the money. 8)

Thanks Mo, it means a lot coming from such a skilled reel tuner.
I think the only thing I would do to it now would be to wish for high-speed  SS gears

Nick

Rothmar2

Beautiful reels, nice to see the builds as they are put together.

Maxed Out

Sheridan and Nick, you guys put some thought into building these. Magnifico !!

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

JRD

Late to the game but used the Black Friday deal and finally got time to put her together.  Sometimes simple red and black works too.  All the goodies from the Ohana inside and out.  Now just in time to go hunting home guards.

JoseCuervo

I am getting ready as well. With a brainfart forgetting I needed a fine star to use with Alan's sleeve, I am waiting for a package Maureen shipped yesterday that includes Bryan's drag kit. I'll get to it when the time is right. 2020 sucks, I spent the birthday making a pot of beans and answering phone calls and replying to emails from the office.. I did order Tom's blank offs for my 113H since I had been waiting for an excuse to get the assembly tools he also sells to justify the shipping charge as a percentage on the blank offs, so all is as well as it can be.

::)