Penn Senator 1/0 Reel from Donnyboat, Western AU

Started by El Pescador, October 30, 2020, 12:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

I received these two photos of a beautiful Penn 1/0 Senator, and Don asked if I would post them.   Don, for you, of course.     Wayne

Hi Wayne could you please post these Penn Senator 1/0 reels on the forum for me,
maybe in the vintage reels section, or Senator section.
We hope you & Jennifer & your extended family are all keeping well, Thanks Don.

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Gfish

Very nice! Wonder if they are from the same era with those cool green-swirl knobs. I like the 1/0 and 2/0 as working reels because of the spool bushings rather than ball-bearings.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Donnyboat

Thanks a million Wayne, yes possibly to much sun when I took the photo, a little to much reflection, so My question, I have stripped both of then, & upgraded the drag to carbon fibre drags, they both have part numbers, with the foot 30-49, now take a look @ the tail plates, one has a round clicker button &  the more modern, button, so witch one is the oldest, more vintage reel to keep.
     also take a look @ the shiny line on them, what I have done there, is run the line through, a sponge with a little detergent, onto another reel, then onto another reel, with a damp cloth, then placing the line back onto the same reel, so the outside is on the inside of the reel, so the shinny line is on the outside, they really do look nice with the shine on the line, I itend keeping one & selling the other, the one with the green line on, I brought it from a local trading sight, Gumtree WA, for AU $49:00, that is about US $35:00. very happy how good they came up, thanks again Wayne, cheers Don.

Don, or donnyboat

El Pescador

Don,

My absolute pleasure.

Posting your photos is easy to do, send anytime, and I'll post when they arrive,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Maxed Out

Nice reels Don !! $35 is about $100 short of the actual value. I'm jealous !!

I see one has a strange looking click button. Possibly aftermarket ??

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Donnyboat

Yes thanks everyone, I think I paid, AU $ 100:00 for the other, including postage, both the clickers work good. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Brewcrafter

Don - Those are are beautiful reels!  By any chance were they the ones you used on your recent trip when you caught the blue bone grouper you shared with all of us?  They look like real workhorses I have to think you have some good stories with them.- john

Benni3

I like the 1/0's and talking to some fisherman 5lbs of drag is all you need for most fish,,,,,,,, ;D

Donnyboat

Thanks Benni & John, Benni you could get a lot more than 5 Lbs drag with the carbon fibre, but I would not like to use over 7 Lbs drag with these small reels.
     John, No I have not fished with them, never will, I only use Senator 6/0 & 9/0 on the boat, & Pat was using her electric Daiwa Tanacom 1000 reel, I like to use reels with a lot of line, so when I get a snag, I just keep letting line out till the fish pull it away from the snag, often it is a fish that take the rig into a cave, that way I dont have to pull the drift anchor in then start up the boat, head around to take it of, unless I have almost finished my drift. cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat