Pro Gear + Pro Gear + Fancy Schmancy Fish!

Started by Gfish, November 02, 2020, 03:21:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Ohana-Strong-Baby! "MaxedOut" Ted gots me a gushin about his Ohana generosity. He thought I should see what all that fuss was about with the pro gear Jigmaster size reels. Oh yeah! Lookin like a great quality, good cost/benifit option to that Penn class of reels. And he sent me some a that famous preserved Albie to take for lunch on test fishin trips.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Gfish

Maybe some test fishin on Election-day Tuesday, as it is an official school system holiday here. Oh yes! I love me some tackle testin. Check-out detailed labeling. This stuff is protein snack food great tastin!
Thank You so much Ted!
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Maxed Out

Lol, the retort bags of tuna would work great out yakkin'

Dribble some of the juice on your lure for a good scent trail !

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Gfish

Indeed!
Get stuff ready for tomorrow. I'll put the 501/Cortez Classic( braid+backing+ topper) temporarily onto the PG 545, mounted on my beloved S. Travela jig rod, and the 541 will be mounted on a cheapo "hit it with the paddle, no big deal" Shakes. Bigwater light troller.
Had to remove the hex head long nuts to get the clamp to torque down on the 541, replacing them with the longer Penn aluminium frame style nuts. The cheapo rod handle is too fat like many cheap rods are. The mono. on the 541 was 0.022",= 30 lb.?

steelfish

nice set of new toys amigo, please update us with your test findings

The Baja Guy

Maxed Out

Hey Gregg, sorry I meant to remove the mono from the 541. It is Berkeley big game 30# mono that was used just once. Love that shot of your setups. Looking forward to your election day results. Don't make us wait 3 or 4 days LOL

-Ted

Gfish

Ok. Test #1 done. Got out there at 5AM ona 3/4 moon. Start out with some reef trolling. Playing with the I-phone, I almost ran up on a breaking swell. I know that shallow reef point well, ah well, distracted boating...

Video's ain't gonna work for posting on this system. Too bad(NOT!), you'll miss my rendition of Tom Waits; "Shiver Me Timbers"... "Come on and swallow me, don't follow me, I travel alone, blue water's my daughter, I'm gonna skip like a stone"... I played it back for my review, wow, I didn't know my voice sounded that geeky...

Gfish

Ok. 2nd pic. and 4th pic. upside down on the last post.

Resort room lights, "they're heeeere...", the tourists are comming back, slowly.

The 541 & 545 Pro gears

Middle 2pics. are upside down on this post.

Gfish

Gettin lighter.

My first selfie, seriously

Ted's tuna on garlic bread for lunch.

The highest peak~5 to 6000', where it rains almost every day(average 460"/ yr.)

Gfish

More scenery.

Upside down pictures of dolphins, squint, they're near the horizon! I tried to get closer, then there was a sound behind me, a tourist dive boat chargin hard at 'em! Blitzed too close to me(did they even see me?) and went right through 'em. Ain't that a Marine Mammal Protection Act violation? The Hawaiian Spinners had been movin slow, then they got hyped by the boat action and engaged the stern wake. They do flips straight up into the air better'n any trained/captive dolphins. This happened too far away to take a picture of, though.

Gfish

Upside down again! My favorite part of Hanakaape Bay, aka:Koloa Landing, where I usually launch. This is where I scattered my parents ashes from the yak years ago, and I remember them whenever I pass over this spot. My Son's mission after I pass, is scatter me here. ..."Old Martin Eden, be proud of me now, and the many before me who've been called by the sea, take me up in the crow's nest a singin my say, well shiver me timbers cause I'm sailin awaaaay"... Tom Waits," Shiver Me Timbers", 1974. It's commonly played at funerals.

So, the Pro Gear reels not only have a solid external look, but they feel smooth and strong when cranking in, more so than comparible sized Penn's(501 & 500) and Daiwa Sealine's. Probably due to the more robust internals and maybe some engineering features I've yet to see.
One more test trip and I'll pull 'em apart to see, can't wait.
Oh yeah, no bites. ??? I must be gettin older... dosen't even bother me anymore. I just love being out on the Sea.

Gfish

Looks like the i-phone 5 is good only for close-ups. I'll keep takin it until I damage it from saltwater corrosion, but try'n only use it for fish pics. These weren't good pictures, but the 4 videos weren't too bad. Have'ta figure out how to post those, perhaps using an updated i-pad...

Crow

That Jalapeneo tuna is great, ain't it !!  That Ted is good folks !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Maxed Out

Gregg, click on any of your pics and they turn right side up

I'm guessing the boat didn't see you or they figured you'd be alright even if they made you roll. Darn tourist boats !!