Main Menu

Fact oar Fiction?

Started by gstours, November 11, 2020, 01:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Who wood have thought in two pages of a post we could Dawin from  examining the parts of a fishing jig to cooking an italian delicacy and never answer the question who came first    the chicken  oar an egg?    This question is ongoing and waay above my clean mind. :o
  Thanks for you comments,   especially those twards the jig.    Its been fun.   Except the pandemenic part of which has no blame. :-X
      Oh buy the whey.... the mentioned jig wood take a catch of a 6# halibut to pay for itself....for twenty bucks its a reasonable offer to the many rocks and crevices in the worlds ocean.....   or maybe a catfish with a chicken liver on a soft muddy bottom?   
Who in their wildest dreams wood think things are getting this crazy???????    all comment welcome.... :P

oc1

gstours

Here's a photo of the inker doing good for somebody.    Yes it's twenty here and ten there,  soon I,ll be dead.  I can only hope they put a smiling face on me in-the coffin ⚰️ 🎣🐙🤦‍♀️

boon

I reckon the inky bit is a gimmick... but they're a very realistic looking lure. I can't get past the cost of them, and the Savage Gear 3D Octopus is about 1/3rd the price and looks every bit as good, without the ink pouch.

gstours

Ok. Ok.  Please don't beat me up so much,  cause I'm sensitive.😅🤦‍♀️😾🤦‍♀️...
  Butt it's ok...     it's just a lure I've never fished,  and hope the rocks grab it,    No more pictures, just a memory,  like the redhead in line at the boat ramp.👿
   Twenty bucks is just the starting price, in many good things. 
Just saying....💋

philaroman

"Savage Gear 3D Octopus is about 1/3rd the price"  WHERE ?

seein'  $12-25 by size, w/ no assist hooks

smnaguwa

Hi Gary, could you put a piece of bait or salmon eggs where the pills go? -To give the lure some scent?

boon

Quote from: philaroman on November 21, 2020, 03:15:36 AM

"Savage Gear 3D Octopus is about 1/3rd the price"  WHERE ?

seein'  $12-25 by size, w/ no assist hooks

Must be a regional thing. Here (NZ) the Inkvaders run you about $50 of our local coinage, whereas the smaller Savage lures are around the $15-$20 mark.

gstours

Ok. Is smaller better?  This is a question I would not want to argue until after the election 🗳.
   Yes the hollow bulb inthe octopus plastic head would be a good place to add either some chopped bait or gel scents.   Oar both. 
  Every body fishes different.  I firmly believe that scent of something that the target species is fond of is a big helper...  good fishing 🎣 you all.
  If you can buy it ,,,,, why're you trying to build it,   Most people will ask?   I cannot always reply.

philaroman

well, now you're departing octopus territory & approaching Cthulhu  :o

oc1

Be careful up there or you might awake the kraken.
-steve