Cod & Crab Combo Nov 18th

Started by Crab Pot, November 11, 2020, 04:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crab Pot

Hey guys,

I chartered the New Golden Eye 2000 out of Berkeley on Wednesday Nov 18th for a Crab Cod Combo to get some of the kids I work with at Beale Air Force Base off base and to try something new.

I'm in a panic because I'm on the hook for a $1800 deposit and I have 8 spots at $193 dollars each to fill.

I have given the Airmen till Thursday afternoon to fill the 8 spots before I open them up to others to save my marriage!

This is a limited load, 25 max, and the $193 price tag is a military discount. The normal rate is $225 each.

We're going to jig up some cod at the Farallon Islands and pick pots on the way back in.

If you are interested please let me know and I will put you on the standby list.

Thanks,

Steve
Buy it nice or buy it twice.

alantani

i don't think i can make it, but i put it in the calendar.  please send a pm with your cell # so that i can contact you if i can clear my schedule.  i hope this works out!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

El Pescador

Steve,

NO CAN DO for me.  

I'm scheduled to be in the "Salt Mine" for Wednesday, Nov. 18.

Oh wait!!!   Can I do a client ZOOM calls from the main cabin while at sea????

Have a great trip, post your photos when you return.

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Crab Pot

Seven spots left and two maybe's.

Thanks guys,

Steve

Crab Pot

vdub

No problem, looking forward to the day off!

Crab Pot

Still got room.

I see a "sick day" in at least six guys future!

Crab Pot

Crab Pot

What a great trip!

I can't complement Captain Quan enough.

From launch to tie up we were out close to 11 hours, unheard of on a combo trip.

Quan laid out the plan of the day before I even asked. He was reading my mind.

Target Ling's early, fill the bags late, get 25 limits of crab last.

It was a bit rough for the Rookies early and we lost 3 real quick. Then 2 more decided to join them. We shouldn't have been hard to track by the chum slick...

Honestly, if I had access to a helicopter I would have flown two of them out.

As we got into deeper water the swells calmed down, the sun came out, and fish were flying over the rails.

I ended up filling three plus bags for the Rookies and "bottom challenged" and some of the other experienced Rock Hounds did the same. 

Was nice to meet AT Website member Vincent aka Vdub and his buddy Phillip. These boys can fish!

Vdub and I had a good time turning Phillip green with Bocaccio Cod worm infestation stories. Pretty sure we cured him!

280 something crab came out of 13 pots. Crew had a good dinner too.

Jackpot was won by one of the Chumming Rookies who refused to give up with a 16-18 pound looking Ling. And it was his first trip!

Great time.

Till the next one!

Ron Jones

Looks like fun was had by most!
Glad you got fish.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

Good job!  Glad everyone was able to take home a bag full of fish and crabs....kinda takes the sting out of seasickness....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Dominick

Spectacular.  Nothing takes the sting out of sea sickness, except two feet on good old terra firma.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

It looks like fun.  Butt I agree with Dominic.  I've pucked enough to know,  it's like a hangover,  things will be better in the Bloody Mary morning. ;)

Donnyboat

Thanks Steve, good times, glad you caught plenty of fish as well, I`ve had my share of sea sickness, but I am over it these day, I take one travel calm tab about an hour before I step on the boat these day, & I am fine. thanks again cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat