Simple Green Pro HD ..

Started by basenjib123, November 18, 2020, 10:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

basenjib123

Is simple green pro hd safe to use in an ultrasonic cleaner on Dam Quick Painted parts?  how about aluminum parts?  Thanks.

foakes

No, it will harm and soften the paint —

Purple degreaser is even worse.

Best solution in the US cleaner is HD Dawn dish soap, warm water, then afterwards while still wet — a toothbrush.

For bare aluminum — SG is fine. 

I use stronger solvents and thinners for all steel, copper, aluminum, chromed, and alloy parts. 

Any plastic parts such as crank knobs, drag knobs, spools, etc. — just dish soap.

And, caution must be used when using flammables in a US cleaner (separate glass uncovered container, clear and clean area, basic safeguards, etc.).

If not confident or sure — do not attempt it.

I have been doing this for over 20 years with no issues — however, I am as careful with the process and cleanup as I was when I first started using the US cleaner.  No shortcuts, proper care and storage of solutions, clean up each day, etc..

Many times with solvents like lacquer thinner, or mineral spirits — if the time allows, I will just soak the parts overnight — then US clean the next day.  Mostly don't have the time to do this though —

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

basenjib123