Best trolling reels related articles and opinions...

Started by GORDASKIPPER, August 15, 2020, 03:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GORDASKIPPER

Any input or articles relating to which is a better trolling reel in 2020 Accurate,Avet, Penn or Shimano in 80W version I have already purchased electric motor.

akfish

It would help if you designated what fish you will be targeting: Trolling for wahoo is very different than trolling for salmon.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

GORDASKIPPER

Miles Offshore

Here in the middle atlantic on our rig we generally use 50w for yellowfin tuna, wahoo , occasional blue marlin, sailfish etc., etc. For targeting white marlin , sailfish we gerally downsize to 20 lb tackle and when we high speed troll for wahoo we fish 70-80 pound class reels and rods. Reels are generally personal preference and what you can afford. We fish mostly Penn internationals, but i love shimano tiagras as well . Talicas seem popular for the people who do the white marlin circuit. Hope this helps. Craig
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

Dominick

Quote from: GORDASKIPPER on August 15, 2020, 03:58:07 PM
Any input or articles relating to which is a better trolling reel in 2020 Accurate,Avet, Penn or Shimano in 80W version I have already purchased electric motor.

Are you saying you want to add an electric motor to 80 sized reel?

Quote from: GORDASKIPPER on August 16, 2020, 11:33:29 AM
Wahoo Sails and Marlin

I use the Tank for these fish in the spring time.  In the fall I use a Penn International 50 vsx for large blue and black marlin.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

Quote from: Dominick on August 16, 2020, 05:36:45 PM
Quote from: GORDASKIPPER on August 15, 2020, 03:58:07 PM

Are you saying you want to add an electric motor to 80 sized reel?

Quote from: GORDASKIPPER on August 16, 2020, 11:33:29 AM
Wahoo Sails and Marlin

I use the Tank for these fish in the spring time.  In the fall I use a Penn International 50 vsx for large blue and black marlin.  Dominick
50 vsx is my lucky freshwater rod and reel for stripers,,,,,, ;) but that just to upset the bass pro and guides ,,,,, :D I say go big or go home,,,,,,, ;D

Makule

I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.