After market Carbontex to Shimano Talicas?

Started by Drisse, November 21, 2020, 07:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

Hello!
Is it possible to buy aftermarket Carbontex washers to Shimano Talicas? Need a couple to Talica 10. Got some hits on Ebay, I guess Shimano original, but they were quite expensive.

Jigtosser

Look in the maintenance section on this board, Smooth Drag...
Contact Dawn, she will have what you need... she's the best for drag washers...
Dan

Drisse

Smoothdrag doesn't have any carbontex for Talicas. Any other suggestion ? Buying original isn't an option because of the price. I have a whole bunch off Talica reels that need service and repair and many of the reels needs a new carbontex washer. So have to cut down on the costs on each reel (bearings, IAR and carbontex) I've never cut out any dragwashers myself, but could it be an idea to cut them out round and then cut out the four slots after some kind of template ? Seems to be alot of extra work just cutting carbontex washers.

alantani

i had not noticed alot of trouble with the stock drag washers.  even torn up a little, they work ok with a light coat of grease. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Drisse

Ok, I don't know the shape on all of the carbontex washers. But on the two first reels I opened up the carbontex was stuck to the drag plate. So I had to cut it loose. The drag plate was all messed up.

Drisse

Picture of a cleaned drag plate and carbontex. The carbontex was all white of salt. Looks descent now on picture, but have a quite good "pressure stamp" from the drag plate. Will replace the drag plate and it would have been nice with new carbontex as well.

boon

Drisse

Drisse