Another Mistake, never say never.

Started by gstours, November 28, 2020, 01:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Ok in the great northwest there are some good opportunitys to catch a fish, maybe?   ???
      Here,s a fun little clip of some luck i had this summer,  generlly id have a dehooker with at least a foot long rod to push down and or twist the j hook out of the gullet of a fish that swallowed a hook.   Butt i was fishing as a gurst with a friend and had already been critisized for "bringing too much stuff",   seems like the boat would have had a dehooker device or two?   butt as shown here I figgered the jig would be there later when I could deal with it......  Its good by to that lucky jig.   The jig was gone in a while when I checked on the fish as it had the gills cut and bled good......  it was fun non the least and its a story to post here.   I,m not proud.
   You should learn from these mistakes,  butt I gambled and was polite and lost my bet.   Its just another story of mine,  worth sharing ?
  At least we got the fish......  Many good meals, and snacks will follow.     ;)

Dominick

Gary next time don't be a polite gurst (I guess that is an Alaskan term) and bring your dehooker.  Man that fish put up a fight even after being harpooned (maybe it didn't like being made fun of).  Harpooned get it?  Groan.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

Tanks Dom,  and good morning 🌞.
  Sorry about the typo,  I could blame the cats 🐈.  Oar make other excuses,  butt its just another of my many attemptz to hurry and put some filler in the great northwest section.

alantani

i was afraid that you were going to get a hook thrown into your hand......   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on November 28, 2020, 05:52:52 PM
i was afraid that you were going to get a hook thrown into your hand......   :-\

Yes, don't take chances.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

Looked like a real nice jig too.  What can you do?  Today I was pulling a pot and the line broke, lost a pot full of crab.  Saved the bouy though!

El Pescador

Dave!!!

WE all know steamed bouy does not taste the same!!!!! ;D

Great season for you and your boat!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

David Hall

Quote from: El Pescador on December 13, 2020, 01:03:44 PM
Dave!!!

WE all know steamed bouy does not taste the same!!!!! ;D

Great season for you and your boat!!!!

Wayne

Steamed bouy that is funny.  Yes it was my first season fishing crab out of HMB and it did have its share of excitement.  Setting up new puller on the Long Hall, Nasty weather, stolen crab, stolen gear, lost gear.  All in all still pretty good, the quality of the crab is so much better than in Monterey Bay, Ill keep fishing here for the foreseeable future.
Now that I almost know what Im doing sort of and we got the system somewhat dialed in next year might be as good! Maybe?

gstours

Hey Dave,  glad you got crabs,  I,ll give you dozen commercial dungy pots for free,   I invested twenty years ago to see our colapths. Yes this a word.....I just made it up.    :D
   Same to anybody that wants to pay shipping from 99826.  Free is a good price. ;)
     Im hoping after all my pots are given away,  someone will say the crab disappearance was a hoax...  Can we ever be this Lucky???? :o >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Gobi King

phew, that rod head snapped up pretty quick.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan