Main Menu

Sculpy

Started by gstours, December 03, 2020, 03:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Awhile back our friend Dave mentioned a type of clay that could be baked to harden and was easily obtainable.   So of course I was thinking this might be better than what I was doing to make a master for a mold in Which to pour lead.
   This material is easy to form, very smooth in the finish, fairly inexpensive, reusable before baking.
Here's a first of.   This is an eel/greenling sorta,   These are common food for my halibut.

gstours

This is a change from the typical jig in that it's body instead of being flat with the bottom might ride more vertical like the greenling.   It's a place to start.   Although quite thin the clay has a wire through the center like the backbone and kept it stiff enough for final shaping.
   Baking in a toaster oven (secretly) for 45 minutes at 275f started to brown it some,  butt it hardened nicely and can be used possibly for a pattern🎣,  oar another senior activity.🤷‍♀️
   Tell me your thoughts on the planned lure for jigging on the muddy sea floor.
  Skulpy here seemed to displace 33 grams of water the best I can tell using the average of several tests.
So I'm thinking it will be about 14 ounces of lead?   
  The baking of the clay didn't seem to change the weight following the oven.
      It's a place to start,  the product seems to have some good uses.   Possibly pressing somehow a copy of something.   Just wondering?👨‍🔬

gstours

Skulpy , like many of us looks kinda bad naked 😒, so here's what she looks like as she comes out of the closet.   This is most likely how it will be rigged.   It's just another of my crazy ideas.🚮

Dominick

That lure is so ugly it would scare a blind fish.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

AEM

Maybe a halibut will bite it just to put it out of it's misery. 

gstours

ok,ok.   ???  i,m hoping to get new glasses soon.  at least you didn,t say its "butt ugly" :-[  oar would this just bring back bad memorys????
     Its filler material till more folks find their still alive.    Be safe,   dont go fishin......
       So fa the best thing ive heard of skulpy came from my good wife,  its ugly butt i,m sure it will catch fish.  :'(