Connecticut Stripers report....

Started by pjstevko, December 05, 2020, 05:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: Brewcrafter on December 12, 2020, 03:06:36 AM
Steelfish - not sure what canal you were working there at the border, but pretty much anything that is fed by the Colorado River (I know, not a lot of water makes it past Imperial Dam) is gonna have stripers, they are that tenacious.  And love fishing for them at The River.  The California Aqueduct (basically a canal from the California Delta to carry water to the parched desert of Southern California) is loaded with them, and they are in every body of water associated with it.  And trout stockings are pretty much short lived, expensive, and meaningless in those waters. - john

a short section of the "all american canal" (around 3-5 miles ) few years ago was used as the border-line of the city of calexico, Ca. with Mexicali (city of Baja, Mx), the rest border-line was the "wall" or a tall fence separating both countries, I used to go from my mexican side of the canal and fish without problems for years, but around 10 years ago the fence was rebuilt but this time they continued the fence in a straight line and closed the path to the canal even at the Baja, Mx side, so I not longer able to fish in that canal at anytime I want to.
Im not a freshwater fishing guy but that was a good chance to spend time while visiting my inlaws.

That "all american canal" is part of the Colorado river, actually at 40 miles East from Calexico, Ca. a bigger canal branch that comes from Colorado River goes directly to Baja straight to the Sea of Cortez but as you said, every year less and less water pass the imperial Dam to the Sea of Cortez affecting many agricultural resources at this side but that story belongs to "international relationship department".

sorry PJ for the sidetalk on your thread.  :-[
The Baja Guy

pjstevko