1/12/21 7 LEFT TIBURON TOPLESS T60WEX FOR 114H FEBRUARY 2021 DLVY AKA "SUPER 6"

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, December 13, 2020, 08:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

We have ordered another limited run of T60WEX topless extra wide kits for the Penn 114H 6/0 Senators from Tiburon.  We expect them to be ready in February. These kits, also known as the Super Six or Black Marlin are the same width as the Newell Black Marlin kit, and extend the spool width of the Penn 114H 6/0 Senator from the standard 2 3/4" up to 3 1/2" increasing the line capacity by 27%, approximately the same capacity as the 9/0 Senator.  If you would like to order one, please post here or send us a PM.

In addition to increasing the line capacity, the topless one piece aluminum frame increases the strength and rigidity, providing perfect alignment for the side plates and preventing the spool from binding when the reel torques under heavy load.  The Tiburon spool is super-strong, machined in one piece from a solid rod of aluminum.

The frames are Tiburon's new-style topless Senator frames (topless with the flanges to replace the inner trim rings).  The tops of the frame are slotted for harness lugs.  The kits are compatible with all Made in the USA 114H, HL and HLW High Speed Senator side plates.  I do not know if they will work with Chinese Senator side plates.  They will not work with Accurate Accuplates.

The Penn 114H Senator is a tank of a reel, bulletproof, reliable and easily serviced, with all parts readily available.  It can fish 80 lb. line right out of the box, and the sky is the limit with all of the high performance aftermarket parts available.

The kits are available in red, silver and black.  They are $250 plus $13.60 for shipping by Priority Mail with tracking to anywhere in the USA.  Shipping for two kits would also be $13.60.  If you would like to order one, please send me a PM or email me at rfpauly@aol.com.  

Thank you,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

4 kits left as of 1/4/21.  Will need to submit color mix to Tiburon soon.  Please order now if you would like to be able to select your color.  Available in red, black, silver and blue.  Mix or match frame and spool colors.

Caranx

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Caranx on January 05, 2021, 02:33:10 AM
Hi Randy,
I would buy one if it had harness lugs.

Thank you for letting me know Stuart.  If I was handy I would cut the slots for you, but I have the reverse Midas touch when it comes to power tools and I would undoubtedly butcher the job.

Caranx

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on January 05, 2021, 06:06:59 PM
Quote from: Caranx on January 05, 2021, 02:33:10 AM
Hi Randy,
I would buy one if it had harness lugs.

Thank you for letting me know Stuart.  If I was handy I would cut the slots for you, but I have the reverse Midas touch when it comes to power tools and I would undoubtedly butcher the job.

Me too Randy. I leave it to the experts. 🤙🏼🤙🏼🤙🏼

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Stuart, I just talked with Tiburon and we have agreed to produce the T60WEX kits with slots for the harness lugs.  Would you like one?

Thank you,

Randy

Caranx

Hi Randy,
I'll take one kit.
Let me know when to send the funds.
Mahalo!
Stuart