Main Menu

Squidly do.

Started by gstours, December 16, 2020, 04:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc1

Another way to rig soft baits is to run a plastic coffee stirrer straw through the rubber and run your leader through the straw.  The bait can then slide up and down on the leader.  I don't know if that would work for you.
-steve

gstours

Thanks for the interest and tips,  after the post I thought this was a losing proposition as molding this and rigging it would not actually worthwhile......... butt the idea of the mud raker is something these fish have never seen. ::)
  This lure is different in several ways and if fished slow I'm thinking will attract the larger fish that may not make the effort to chase a fluttering or quick action lure.  Notice the large hooks.   
  I agree with the drill on lead, butt it can be done using  lube wax and a twist drill held in drill press and fastened so you have more control.  Slow and aware of the screw action of the drill is paramount.
  I've used masonry bits before but they are hard to find in small sizes.   
      The zip tie and spring holder for the front was first idea 💡.   Then second idea was the run the j hooks and leader thru the squid body,  live or plastic up thru the lead head provided hole and let that be the front eye 👁.   Attache with a crimp. 
   Oar maybe shitcan the whole idea and reduce my losses.🚮

Donnyboat

Thanks Steve for your input, Great idea Gary, thanks for posting, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat