Finishing up the Year

Started by foakes, December 23, 2020, 11:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

This last year, as I started the transition to mostly doing Quality Vintage Spinners for folks — there were still quite a few Penn Conventionals being sent in.  And I will continue to do these for folks — since they have also been loyal to me for a few decades.

Did 5 reels day before yesterday — finishing up another 6 yesterday and today.  Jigmasters, Jigmaster 501's, Senators, a 149.

Always just tossed the old brass drag washers out because they get replaced with SS & Cal's greased CF's — if not already in the reels — decided to keep the brass discs this year — ended up with nearly 2 full quarts.  These are still good, if cleaned and shined up to a glass finish.  Going to batch clean them — then run them through the cartridge tumbler.  Might work.  We'll see...

It was neat to see this old 501 with some pretty good leather drag washers in the stack.  These are generally all black, shot, and full of oil.

Should have these done tonight — then will likely knock off for the rest of the year — going into Christmas Eve tomorrow, Christmas, and New Years.

This will be like going in for the last pit stop before the final lap of the year.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.