Help with Surfmaster 200

Started by beachbob, December 24, 2020, 05:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beachbob

Where can I get the parts to turn a 200 into a 100?
revolving spool reels and long rods ~ longbows and feathered shafts ~ guitars that sing and growl

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

SteveL

It depends on whether you want the reel to look original or custom.   Ebay and Mystic both have the 1N-100 sideplate if you want it to say '100' not '200.'    "Maxed Out" in the for sale section here had some nice custom stands in that size, but they may all be gone.   "Black Pearl" aka Pro Challenger in the for sale section here has some nice aluminum spools and bars if you want the custom look.

If you want original, you need a 30-49 stand, (4) 37-180 posts, a spool (either chrome or aluminum), and maybe the 1-N100 sideplate.

If you want a rod clamp, the 30-49 stand takes only the old chrome style.   If you want a different style rod clamp, you are back to custom seats like "Maxed Out" or the black Newell stands with rod clamp.

This is a 100 on Ebay with the Newell kit for stand and bars:

These are the Pro Challenger bars by Black Pearl as posted on ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/113691368937):

These are the Pro Challenger spools as posted on ebay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/113692212939):

beachbob

Thanx fellers, I'd just want the stand, bars and spool to retro the 200 to a standard 100 and reuse the side plates.
revolving spool reels and long rods ~ longbows and feathered shafts ~ guitars that sing and growl

SteveL

I have all that, NOS I think.  Chrome rod clamps too.  PM if interested.

SteveL

A seller on ebay was auctioning spool after spool as soon as each auction ended.   NOS Penn 29L-100 going for around $16-25 each (shipped) depending on the auction.  He may be sold out or may be taking a break for the holiday.

Maxed Out

FYI, the 49 seat requires clamp studs that are unique to the 49 seat
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!