Sqkuiddo being born

Started by gstours, December 31, 2020, 12:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Sqkuiddo has been inthe back of me mind for a while.   In my fishery it fills the need or desire for something that's in between this and that....   so let's see what is planned.
  Here's bare clay without eyes or any developments indicating sexual status.....

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

gstours

This clay model was baked in an oven for half an hour.   The molding was quite simple.  Before baking the wire eyes were pushed into place.  Browning was noted.  No shrinking or warping
seemed to be noticed either.

gstours

The lead will be poured and painted.  Here's an idea from my daughters kitchen.

gstours

This will be a ten ounce jig head.  It's kinda mocked up like a seasmistress would put on a dress 👗.

gstours

Few folks would know about the color and probability of a silicone mold by product (waste) making some skirt material, except my good buddy Dave. 
  Have a laugh,  hopefully it won't be your last.  ???

steelfish

it looks deadly already !!

great job
The Baja Guy

thorhammer

MarkT

When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

pjstevko

Looks great!

I'll take 6 please!

Dominick

That looks a-luring.  Since you are at Sarah's house why don't you all 3 jump in the car and come down for a few days.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

As mentioned the clay is baked for about 30 minutes at 180f.  After cooling it is quite hard but can be sanded and drilled with simple tools.   The drill chips tell you this.  Further details can be added.

gstours

Here's an eye.   Soon to be a black eye 👁

gstours

Sqkuiddo now pops up with my tablet on auto spell memory.   It's just an idea I had and seems do able.
   With the new year comes renewed hope and may be a chance to go fishing 🎣 again?
      Happy new year 🎊. ;)

Dominick

That thing resembles a "Triglopolopolis."  ::)  Ancestral enemy of the butt species.   :D ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.