D.A.M. QUICK SCHEMATICS — Factory Service & Part Number Shop Manual

Started by foakes, January 01, 2021, 08:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

We/I, get a lot of requests for schematics and parts lists for D.A.M. Quick reels.

I try to accommodate folks when asked — but it seems inefficient.

Better to have a section on the DQ site that lists all of the schematics.

Here is the question —

I scanned 40 pages of one of my DQ Parts and Service Manuals to my tech equipment.

What would be the most efficient way to post these so folks could access them easily?

I have an iPad Air, a MacBook Air, iPhone, etc.

Typically, I can only post (4) photos at one time — how to get around this so everything is in one place on our site?

Appreciate the help.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oldmanjoe

Can you make them into pdf files ?    Than post them and sticky it  .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

Could do that Joe —

If that is the most efficient way — it would work.

But I would like for folks to just click on a page without having to look through codes — or rename files, although I could.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

At this point, I have all 40 pages attached to an email —

If anyone wants this manual for their work and parts ID — just PM me with your personal email address — and I will send it to you.

These manuals are either a tough, or impossible find anywhere — for any price.  You can find a schematic, or a few here and there.  But they are fuzzy, and not clear.

You can print these out — then bind them together for reference, as you wish.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

oldmanjoe

I would like a copy Fred ,  Interested in what i can learn .     Thank You .          oldmanjoe@gmx.com .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

--------

Fred O.

sandbar

foakes

--------

Fred O.

happyhooker

Extremely generous on your part, Fred.  I'll PM you.  I have some of the schematics, but not all & it would help to have 'em all in one place.

Frank

foakes

--------

Fred O.

foakes

Already emailed 13 sets of these to members this afternoon.

However it works for you is good —

I have (5) factory service and parts manuals.

Just wanted to preserve them better — and also be able to lay them flat without getting grease all over the pages.

This is just what I put together, that will work pretty well for me, I believe.

Plastic clear sleeves, an old binder.

When you print them — change to a pdf — then scale the size to fit a 8.5 X 11 piece of paper — and that's it!

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Wompus Cat

Fred /everyone I figured out a way to put them all in one file and am working on it .Stay tuned
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Wompus Cat

Here dey is in a zip file.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

foakes

Thanks, Henry!

Great job!

This should help more than a few folks going forward with these DQ Reel schematics and parts lists.

Alan said there might be a little extra something for you in your paycheck at the end of the month...

All the best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

kjdunne

Fred, WampusCat,
Thanks so much for these!  Please make them a stickie in the DQ section.  Much clearer than others I found on the 'net.
I have an early 330 (4 body screws), later 330, and a 110 I picked up recently and will certainly make use of the schematics.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Kal