D.A.M. QUICK SCHEMATICS — Factory Service & Part Number Shop Manual

Started by foakes, January 01, 2021, 08:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happyhooker

alcesgigas

Thanks; I'm slowly getting into the site.  I'd like to take you up on your offer of the parts.  Please instruct?  With the new case I won't have to clean off the epoxy I bedded the cone screw/1/2" nut gizmo.  I have access to many things not available in Bettles and one of the things I've wanted to do for years is do the overdue maintenance on my pre-70 reels.  Again, thanks for the info and I'll get after that tomorrow.

foakes

Sounds like a good move,  alcesgigas —

Just PM (Private Message — My Messages in the top tool bar) me with your full name and mailing information — and we will work out the details.

Best Always,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

DougK

Quote from: Wompus Cat on January 02, 2021, 03:10:37 AM
Here dey is in a zip file.

thanks Wompus and Fred..

in re monks and moderation, I have a quote from a monk on my blog,

The achievements of the worldly are failures for monks; and the achievements of monks are failures for the worldly.
St. Maximus

this is a comfort at times.. "I'm not a worldly failure, I'm extremely successful as a monk" ;-)

PacRat

Is it just me or is a schematic for a 1202 not available? I've been looking for a while and I see there is one for the 1001-5001 series but there is not a column for the 1202 in the parts list. Am I looking at the wrong series?

I'm trying to figure out if the 1202 has a second drag under the petticoat spool.

-Mike

foakes

Yes, it has a very stiff and non-flexible underspool drag washer, Mike —

Here are some basic schematics and a parts list —

Also, have your Daiwa 750 spool — posted a response under the Daiwa Spinning section.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

PacRat

Thank you Fred,
I think I'm missing the underspool drag washer. So that washer just sits on top of the clicker gear? I could tell the bottom of my spool was slightly textured and it seems inset just a little. I was assuming that there was a metal washer between the clicker gear and the drag washer, but it's just one hard drag washer? Do you have one of these?

Thanks
-Mike

foakes

Here it is, Mike —

And I'll also send you a new bite indicator flange — save your old one.  These are a really neat feature on the 1202, 2002, and 3002.

N/C.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

PacRat

Thank you so much Fred! I just figured out how the Bite Indicator works. I was going to ask you if this is something I should keep a spare on hand.

-Mike

sandbar

Happy Holidays Everyone

I just noticed that the Zip files of schematics that I had posted earlier in this thread had gone dead.
I was getting a 404 Error message.
Here they are again.

-Steve