how to pack a reel

Started by Bill B, January 04, 2021, 05:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

To complete my recent P21XN build I needed a donor reel for miscellaneous parts.  Found one on ebay and the seller took the time to make sure it arrived in good condition. my hat is off to him for taking the high road....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

thorhammer

nicely done! and to reiterate, that XN is sweet!!!!

Dominick

Good to see you acknowledging a good job done.  We usually get the rants when a package comes in poorly packed or damaged.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cuttyhunker

I like to put the handles on upside down or off altogether.
Doomed from childhood

Bill B

Would it be a bad thzing to post his seller name?

Dominick

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on January 05, 2021, 02:36:30 AM
Would it be a bad thzing to post his seller name?

Couldn't hurt.  Go ahead.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thrasher

Man, I thought just throwing a reel in a priority flat rate envelope was standard shipping policies for eBay. Just kidding but I do always send a thank you message when they package an item correctly!

SteveL

Quote from: thrasher on January 05, 2021, 02:01:17 PM
Man, I thought just throwing a reel in a priority flat rate envelope was standard shipping policies for eBay. Just kidding but I do always send a thank you message when they package an item correctly!

I have actually received them that way.  At least it was the bubble padded envelope.  Some were wrapped in extra bubble wrap, but a few were just put in the padded envelope.  The vast majority were packed in boxes, some packed well, some barely padded with a few wads of newspaper. 

MarkT

Wow, makes you wonder how it would be packed if it was a reel that was actually worth something!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

JasonGotaProblem

I got my daiwa ss600 with one piece of paper wrapped around it. I'm so glad this was the one package of mine USPS decided to be careful with.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Bill B

The seller I bought from was Teretorre, out of Portland, Oregand.....I would buy from him again in a heartbeat....Bill

Maxed Out

Good idea, but a person might question the use of a cut up discarded mattress topper  ;)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

oc1

Quote from: Maxed Out on January 05, 2021, 10:56:32 PM
the use of a cut up discarded mattress topper  ;)
Biill, you might have bed bugs now.  :) :)
-steve

grekim

And here I thought this tread was going to be about some old-school method of stuffing a reel full of grease.  Oh well :)
Educating fish on every trip