Don’t let this happen to you.

Started by gstours, January 05, 2021, 12:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

As an avid fisherman many options are explored.  The crank arm and knob/grip is always a personal thing.
  Usually after fishing a reel for a while changes,  even small can make you happier.
     As I got a reel recently I was unhappy with the factory knob.  So a replacement was purchased.
  I didn't know what surprises we coming.

gstours

The first picture shows how I cranked in my line with a bait check....  not cool....
  Pic #2 shows the parts in a typical replacement handle if yours looks like this.   
The knob is well machined and the finish and price is good,  I like the offset angle as it is very comfortable.
   The jB Weld is just the ticket for reassembly.

gstours

The small machine screw shown is for end thrust only and it came unscrewed first, then every thing else became apparent that without loc tite or another thread locker your walking on a limb over the pond.
   In my opinion,  take everything apart and take the time and care to insure everything will stay together,
      Then you have set up your reel to go fishing 🎣

gstours

A person spends too much time waiting and planning to go fishing 🎣
   We pay insurance on almost everything we do and touch in life, don't take chances now that you know.😉

Gfish

Whoa dude, cool cloud picture!
Are your new power knobs from "Fisherman Source"? I recently installed 2 on my 6/0's. Look just like that. No, haven't used/tested 'em yet.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

RowdyW

I got one in silver & one in gold. The bottom end plugs fell off of both of them. Better get out the glue or loc tite.     Rudy

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Rivverrat

gstours, THANK YOU !! For posting this ! ... Jeff

Dominick

Quote from: gstours on January 05, 2021, 12:59:29 AM
"...without loc tite or another thread locker your (sic) walking on a limb over the pond.     

Hey Gary I never heard that homily before.  It was very apropos.  Thanks for that.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cor

Good timing, I just put a handle together earlier today!
Cornelis