alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial Updating/upgrading Penn 113H Drags
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
January 16, 2021, 02:48:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Updating/upgrading Penn 113H Drags  (Read 143 times)
TunaPuller

« on: January 12, 2021, 05:19:45 PM »

Iím not the sharpest spoon in the drawer.  When replacing the 3-stack with the 5-stack drags on an outside accessible drag 113H, do I replace the felt washer and ďcapĒ(136) with a sleeve and cap washer?  Iím sure Iím not explaining this quite right, but hopefully you guys understand what Iím asking.
RowdyW
Firearms Group

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 05:40:25 PM »

You can replace the felt washer & it's retainer with 1 or 2 keyed washers & if you want to you can add another thin wavy washer on top of the stack. You will have to retain the top hat with that type of right plate. It's a mix & match deal to get the top hat edge just a hair higher than the plate with the drags backed off. Your almost home.         Rudy
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 05:42:25 PM by RowdyW » Logged
Bryan Young
Ultimate Upgrades Drags
Administrator

The Reel Whisperer

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 05:49:29 PM »

Iím not the sharpest spoon in the drawer.  When replacing the 3-stack with the 5-stack drags on an outside accessible drag 113H, do I replace the felt washer and ďcapĒ(136) with a sleeve and cap washer?  Iím sure Iím not explaining this quite right, but hopefully you guys understand what Iím asking.
I normally keep that felt washer that is attached to the drag cap.  I soak it with CorrosionX then squeeze out the excess to keep corrosion our beneath the felt.

Cheesy I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. Cheesy
TunaPuller

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 06:02:02 PM »

The felt washer disintegrated when I removed the top hat and the old drags had fused to the washers to the point that they permanently marred the metal washers.  Shocked  I ordered a smooth drag 5-stack with washers and an additional wavy washer, but thatís it.  Did I miss a needed piece?

Thanks btw
Bryan Young
Ultimate Upgrades Drags
Administrator

The Reel Whisperer

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 06:18:03 PM »

The felt washer disintegrated when I removed the top hat and the old drags had fused to the washers to the point that they permanently marred the metal washers.  Shocked  I ordered a smooth drag 5-stack with washers and an additional wavy washer, but thatís it.  Did I miss a needed piece?

Thanks btw
Do you have photos?

Cheesy I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. Cheesy
TunaPuller

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 08:44:50 PM »

I waiting on the parts from Mystic, but I can take pics of what I have tomorrow when I get off shift.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: