alan tani @ alantani.com fishing reel repair rebuild tutorial HALIBUT AND STRIPER FISHING AND FOOD MAY 14, 2015
Reel Repair by Alan Tani
April 12, 2021, 09:30:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HALIBUT AND STRIPER FISHING AND FOOD MAY 14, 2015  (Read 28689 times)
Dominick
Administrator

San Mateo, California

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2015, 04:16:04 PM »

In Kansas....Jeff
Jeff, the last time I looked there is no salt water fishing in that part of the country.   Grin It's time to move to a coastal city.  Grin Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
Rivverrat

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2015, 07:40:43 AM »

No, not much in the way of salt water here. No shops here can answer my  questions regarding reels. Most of my questions were met with a 12 pack & double shot type of stare.....I've been called a liar by two people watching the counter at a well known tackle store when I stated what would happen to a certain  reel if fished in  the manner the self proclaimed, resident catfish expert was telling a customer to fish it.......I gave up some time ago. Deciding to find my own way.

Most of the coastal areas are much to fast paced for me &......how do I say it, well, there just a bit to far on the wrong side of the fence.....Jeff
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 07:42:50 AM by Rivverrat » Logged
the rockfish ninja

« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2015, 04:18:30 PM »

The little mystery fish is called a Fringehead & yes they have a lot of attitude, when I remove them from the hook they sometimes crunch down so hard you can hear the teeth against metal.

Deadly Sebastes assassin.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: