new curado 300 EJ slight ticking (grinding) during free spool

Started by william james, December 31, 2011, 04:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

william james

I received a new shimano  curado 300 ej for x-mass.  I can hear a very slight clicking sound in free spool.  I haven't put on line yet.  It will spin for 5 seconds.  Is this normal. should I send it back to shimano, oil it? any ideas.

coastalobsession

It my be the spool jumping The pinion gear. As for free spool that is slow. I can get a 45+ sec free spool out of my clients reels. Let me know if you need anything. I can super tune it as well.
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

Brand new???   
I would walk it into a Tackle shop (Shimano Service center) or Irvine, Ca Shimano & trade it in..

Try them out before you take one... 
No reason to start out with a new expensive real that doesnt feel smoooth all around....

Should be a No Questions exchange..................
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

inhotpursuit

For some reason this seems to be a familiar problem with new curado's  i had a problem with the pinion gear jumping with mine it took me a while to find the problem.read this thread for some insights,
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2975.msg18871#msg18871
most reels work basically the same so you may want to study any reels with the same problem on this site or send it off to CO for a tune up,or if you got it locally take it back