Fishing south Australia

Started by Sharkb8, February 04, 2021, 10:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharkb8

I went out on a charter on Wednesday from Cape Jervis  we went trolling for tuna and landed my first tuna and caught it on the 4/0 hot rod it was the first fish for this reel . Then we did some bottom fishing I used the 99 (thanks to Ted MAXED OUT prize)and caught kingfish ,trevaly, sweep,  blue morwong,blue devils and snapper that had to be returned due to  the band . Had a great day.

Kim

Sharkb8

Some more pictures

wailua boy

Some tasty fish there, congrats. Mouth watering...

thorhammer

Cor

Cornelis

Benni3

That's a big um and a whole boat load too,,,, :o great job man,,,,,,, ;D

Maxed Out

Nothing more rewarding than a fun day of fishing with reels you built yourself. Congrats !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

oldmanjoe

:D    I say , you got a good work out pulling up that many fish ...
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Donnyboat

Thanks Kim for taking us along, nice to catch fish with reels you have done up, the blue morong is that what we call Queen snapper, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Sharkb8

Don , I just looked it up and yes it is the same thing.

Kim

Donnyboat

Good thanks Kim, if you cut that dark flesh out of them, there nice eating, I used to get plenty near Esperance, diving, I think the heaviest was 18Lbs, 8.5Kg, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

You getting a hurricane coming in down there,,,,, ;D

Dominick

Quote from: Benni3 on February 06, 2021, 02:40:31 AM
You getting a hurricane coming in down there,,,,, ;D

Maybe that's why the fishing was so good.  The fish were storing up food to beat the hurricane (or do they call them typhoons?)  At any rate it looks like you had a great time.  Keep fishing.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tiddlerbasher

They are all the same thing: tropical storms. ... In the North Atlantic Ocean and Northeast Pacific, they are called hurricanes. But if the same type of disturbance takes place in the Northwest Pacific Ocean, it is known as a typhoon. And in the South Pacific and Indian Ocean, cyclone is the correct term.