Fishing south Australia

Started by Sharkb8, February 04, 2021, 10:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnyboat

I have never noticed, Greg, when there up around the 80 Cm size they are very strong, if you use light gear, they will snap your rig, they can cut into the water side on, put up a good fight, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Sharkb8

They have opened up some more resovour here, some have been stocked with Murray cod. Just before Christmas I went an caught my first one and since then have caught a lot more, the best day was 14 cod in 2 1/2 hours. Took my grandson there and he caught 5 and he loved it didn't want to leave.

Kim

Gfish

Murray Cod. Such 🤔 interesting and different fish down there. Do they taste as good as they look?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Donnyboat

Hi Kim, glad you took your grandson fishing, it will be good memories for him, & I bet it put a smile on your face to, by the way your not a bad looking bloke upside down ay,
     Greg the spapper cut into the water, like threvelly do, they put up a lot of resistance, great to catch, but when just legal size 50cms over here, they can be a bit soft in the mouth, if you place to much pressure on them, it is easy to pull the hook, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Sharkb8

Gfish the Murray cod are protected, here in south Australia we have some new rules and we are not allowed to take them out of the water only lifting the head and shoulders up to take the hooks out .

Kim

Sharkb8

Been getting a few callop lately

Kim20220319_082732.jpg