Limited load (20) 3/4 day trip Saturday April 10th!

Started by pjstevko, February 11, 2021, 05:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theswimmer

Looks like Wayne and I will make a trip to Hi 's tackle tomorrow about noon .
Shoot me a pm if anyone needs anything .
Best,
Jonathan
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

alantani

there's a ton of rockcod gear here, just in case you'd like to drive south instead of north.  also, i have beer!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

theswimmer

Thanks Alan !
I'm just after 1 lb weights , although tackle shops almost always have the same effect on my spending....
And there was a rumor of something like 'Mufaleta sandwich ' or maybe that was just Wayne mumbling incoherently😎😀
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

alantani

El Pescador

Quote from: theswimmer on April 06, 2021, 01:17:33 AM
Thanks Alan!
And there was a rumor of something like 'Mufaleta sandwich ' or maybe that was just Wayne mumbling incoherently😎😀

Jonathan!!!
NO SIR,
There is NO communication issue with us regarding lunch tomorrow.

I called Dominick, and he will arrive and make for us the most amazing Italian sandwiches for us - the World Famous Muffaletta Sandwich!!!!

and hopefully, Linda will be in tow as well.

I've enjoyed these delicious delights a few times with Dominick, and you will be the next to set up and enjoy as well.

And afterward, we will take a short road trip to Hi's Tackle for a few items needed for Saturday.  And I hear NO 1 LBS. lead weights are needed!!!!   Thanks Alan.

Saturday Buddy Boy,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

pjstevko

My crew could use a couple weights as well if there's a plethora around  ;D

alantani

i'll bring a bunch.  i use these during the year, so just give me back the ones that are left over. 

Adams Khanh

See you guys this weekend if you need any rods repaired or looked at bring them

I will have chicken skewers for dinner and maybe something else

alantani

just got a call from mike oddo, the deckhand on the starfire.  the forecast right now is for 12 foot seas and 35 knots of wind.  sal will make the call, go or no go, as soon as he can.  let's keep an eye on the weather.   :-\

El Pescador

Alan!!!

I'm ready!

Sounds like my last trip on the Hulicat in late November for Crab & Rockfish.

Did hit a few 15' rollers that day!!!!  and I was standing on the bow, at least most of the time!!!!

See you Friday,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Dominick

Quote from: alantani on April 07, 2021, 12:16:11 AM
just got a call from mike oddo, the deckhand on the starfire.  the forecast right now is for 12 foot seas and 35 knots of wind.  sal will make the call, go or no go, as soon as he can.  let's keep an eye on the weather.   :-\

No problem for me.  I'll be in bed.   :D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Sounds like fun.  Wish I could go...well, maybe not, but I'll be there in spirit!
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

theswimmer

Don't see what Mike sees ...
Just checked NOAA and Surfline for Morro , I donno , maybe I'm missing something 😬
Showing increasing set size but not the wind factor .
Intervals look good as well .
Fingers crossed .

Best,
Jonny

Errol Flynn

pjstevko

Quote from: theswimmer on April 07, 2021, 03:53:50 AM
Don't see what Mike sees ...
Just checked NOAA and Surfline for Morro , I donno , maybe I'm missing something 😬
Showing increasing set size but not the wind factor .
Intervals look good as well .
Fingers crossed .

Best,
Jonny

I agree with JT.... When I checked the wind was supposed to less than 15 mph...... It'd be my luck if they cancel....

MarkT

On windy.com, I'm seeing 49 degrees with 5-6' SW swells @ 10-11 sec and 8' NW waves at 10am on Saturday with 15 kt NW winds, gusts to 21.  I'd call that glad I'll be at home!

https://www.windy.com/35.471/-120.797/waves?2021-04-10-18,35.340,-120.929,12
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!