Limited load (20) 3/4 day trip Saturday April 10th!

Started by pjstevko, February 11, 2021, 05:20:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjstevko

Quote from: foakes on February 11, 2021, 08:32:15 PM
After a year of social distancing, mostly staying at home — fire evacuation — snow & weather — and still happily married...

The plan for the next 6 or 7 months will be using the travel trailer about twice a month for 5 to 7 days a trip.  

Desert, Mountains, Coast, Eastern Sierras, Southwest.

Leave for a week in Death Valley next Tuesday.  Hiking, exploring, reading, relaxing.

A few more planned for the Southwest Native American areas like Chaco Canyon and some other smaller, more obscure areas in Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, and Utah.

Then heading over to the Bridgeport area for Trout opener end of April.  Will go over to set up the trailer — then shoot back to get the boat.

Sue has been through a LOT this last year — and leaving her home while I go fishing will not work too well.

I am fortunate to have a wife who relishes and enjoys roughing it — whether backpacking, hiking, camping, or mostly anything outdoors.

Some women's ideas of a "wilderness experience" involves going to Macy's when they are re-doing the parking stripes at the mall.

So we will be doing things together for most of this year.

Best, Fred

Live it up Fred!!!!! I'm looking forward to reading about the adventures!!!!!!

El Pescador

Quote from: Rancanfish on February 11, 2021, 08:25:13 PM
Quote from: El Pescador on February 11, 2021, 05:45:55 PM
Rancan!
B4 you head to Oregon, I need to hand you a jar or two of the Portuguese canned Albacore tuna,
Let's get together,
Wayne

Ha!  I forgot all about that.  Let me know, maybe we can do lunch in a parking lot somewhere, lol.

Randy,  you live 35 minutes from me, I will make it happen.  Might have Dominick drive, and he will pay the bridge toll!!!!

Lunch for sure,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

foakes

Quote from: pjstevko on February 11, 2021, 10:03:07 PM
Quote from: foakes on February 11, 2021, 08:32:15 PM
Live it up Fred!!!!! I'm looking forward to reading about the adventures!!!!!!

We'll do our best, PJ —

But at some point, I also need to fill up the freezer with Rockcod, Snapper, Salmon, and Calamari.

So a trip sometime after a few trailer trips will be in order.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Quote from: El Pescador on February 11, 2021, 10:33:30 PM

Randy,  you live 35 minutes from me, I will make it happen.  Might have Dominick drive, and he will pay the bridge toll!!!!

Lunch for sure,

Wayne

Jueno, I don't pay tolls.  Those dumb people at the bridge authority sent me one of those white boxes that you put behind the rearview mirror.  Now I don't have to pay tolls.  Those people at the bridge authority are so nice they even flash a light at me when I go through the toll booths.  So it doesn't cost me anything, which makes the bridges free.   ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

pjstevko

My lovely wife gave me the go ahead! Maybe I can talk to her into joining us as she's never been fishing since we moved to CA......

I'll check my work schedule tomorrow and see which weekend day works best

Bill B

I will be watching this....where we thinking of fishing?  I have a P21xn to get the skunk off of....Bill

I might just be retired by this time...😎😎
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Brewcrafter

Fred - I must say that is one happy looking hound!  It's always a plus in our lives to have a spunky little hound (or two) to "mind the homestead".  Yours looks considerably more presentable than the two little "Hund" in my home that have not seen a groomer due to Covid. - john

alantani

pj, get a date posted as soon as you can!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

pjstevko

I'm gonna pick the Starfire 3/4 day (7am-3pm) on Saturday April 10th

El Pescador

PJ!!!

Thanks for setting the date and charter boat.

I'll get booked right now, paid, and get a hotel for one night; the Friday before.

Wayne

pjstevko

I'll pay up by the end of the day today.....

pjstevko

Here's the link to sign up for those who are interested

https://morrobaylanding.fishingreservations.net/sales/index.php?page=2

I'm still undecided if i'll do a down and back or get a hotel room friday night....but i got time to figure that out

El Pescador

Thanks, PJ,

I was JUST ready to post the website...

Great minds think alike!!!

$106 - PAID!!!

Who else is going????

Wayne

pjstevko

PAID!!!!!!

Wayne you'll have to let me know how many tri-tip you need me to pick up and bring down for ya  ;)

El Pescador

PJ!

What a gentlemanly offer!!!!

Please put me down for 2 Tri-Tip roasts.

Let me know what I $$  you.

Wayne