A mean trick?

Started by gstours, February 06, 2021, 03:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Last summer a fella kept bugging my friend to go fishing with him for halibuts.  I also got the invite to be deckhand and figgered why not?
     The weather was kinda crappy, after jigging some while drifting in the boat we dropped anchor in a spot that had hi hopes.
   The bite was on almost immediately as if they were waiting for some bait....    Here a second clip of part of the fun day we had.

Next time you can take my place. :)

Crow

Looks like a fun trip !  And a little "Fogelburg" to end up the show !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

alantani

another day in paradise!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

gstours

From you Boss,  thanks for the encouragemant....  It only breeds more picktures as u know....  theres a sequil to this video post.
     earlier when the forum was having technical issues some still piks we re shown , then lost......    I,m hoping to re do a post,    so stay here
dont choose sides,  for free its worth looking,    ???

whalebreath

Ever had Sea Lions got after Halibut bleeding/cooling at the side of the boat?

It's happened to us here......

gstours

SEE LIONS?   Heck ya,  butt some days we never have a problem,  generally just a nucience.   Generally a wrist rocket will keep them away if they are spotted in time.   They gotta eat too!!!!   Some rare days they wont leave you alone so we are forced to move to a new spot or just have another lunch and wait them out.    They have stolen King salmon from me in the trying to net process, and pulled halibut and cod right away when you are reeling them in.   Its kinda exciting actually.   I often wonder what it would be like to foul hook a 900# Stellar on your best reel? ???

gstours

Here,s a pik of a big wad of kelp trailing behind the boat while anchored,  we had a fish on and this sealine noticed somehow and showed up.  it dove down a couple of times and I had to launch a marble and got very close helping the beast to give up and drop back.

Dominick

"Another good day in the bay."  If we can make up some lyrics it is a good name for a sea-chantey.  Yo Ho Yo Ho.   ;D  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.