New Yamaha marine grease option

Started by AlasKen, March 14, 2021, 01:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlasKen

Or at least new to me.  I was at my marine dealer to get some YamahaLube marine grease.  I was going to repack my small tubes.  They didn't have any large tubes but did have a squeeze tube.  I decided to give it a try.  The salesman asked what I was doing with it and then suggested I try this thumb gun.  I have seen them on Amazon but I like to shop at small marine shops.  Below are a couple of photo.  The small white jar is some lube that I squeezed in to use with a brush.  I don't have a dedicated work area so have to go small and easy to cleanup.  It seems to work well and has enough power for what I need.  It also takes up little space.  I only work on my own stuff so speed not as much of a need.  I still think Alan's bearing packers are an art object masquerading as a tool.

gstours

Thanks for the information.   I've never seen the squeeze tube in any boat places.
I've used this type of grease gun for a while.   Small and handy.
   Like a toothpaste tube you should roll up the end to avoid an airgap so the plunger can grab the grease.
As you get to the bottom half, just roll it up and then tape the rolls, waay easier this way.🐟🎣🔧

Donnyboat

Thanks Ken, never seen any of that gear before, very interesting, nice pics, thanks for your trouble,  good info, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat