Need advice

Started by Bill B, February 20, 2021, 03:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Alex, regarding my advice please keep in mind I've never fished there.  However I dont know if you felt the same as I did when opening up my friends Valiant 600. I didnt understand how they would last.  But they have & apparently very well over the time they have been out.

The Valiant 500 can save 4 - 6 oz. in weight when compared to others of the same capacity. Over a day or two that amount of weight could be a big thing for some. If I fished every day like I had been I'd have one now ....

for now just a dream reel ... Jeff

steelfish

Quote from: Rivverrat on May 10, 2021, 08:03:18 PM

However I dont know if you felt the same as I did when opening up my friends Valiant 600. I didnt understand how they would last.  ..
I know what you mean, they feel kind of fragile compared to avet raptors or similar reels

Quote from: Rivverrat on May 10, 2021, 08:03:18 PM
for now just a dream reel ... Jeff

nothing wrong with that, my dream reel change every year so, I better keep using the ones I have.

I remember when I wanted an Andros 12sn and now they are discontinued, currently I find the new fathoms for slowpitch 15XNLD2 attractive but from my previous  experience with the fathom leverdrag 40LD2 Im reluctant to try them but I would try the fathom 8XNSD and the 15SD in a heartbeat
The Baja Guy