Penn 12/0 one piece frame?

Started by Pier_Hopper, February 27, 2021, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pier_Hopper

I was wondering if anyone knows of a company making a one piece aluminum frame for the Senator 12/0 reels? I know Cortez makes a frame for the 9/0. I have an old 12/0 I am finally getting around to rebuilding. I have a motive fab drag stack, a steel gear, SS sleeve, doubled dogged with SS dogs and a new Aluminum spool. I plan on adding some ABEC 7 Ceramic Bearings from Boca as well.

Bill B

Haven't heard of anything bigger than the 9/0.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

ReelFishingProblems

Randy worked with Tiburon to make a very limited run 20/0 one-piece frame. It fit the 16/0 if I remember correctly.

Nick

Pier_Hopper

Pier_Hopper

Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on February 28, 2021, 02:37:35 AM
Randy worked with Tiburon to make a very limited run 20/0 one-piece frame. It fit the 16/0 if I remember correctly.

Nick

Who do I need to get in touch with to see about getting one for a 12/0 Senator

ReelFishingProblems

Getting a new project started for a  machined one piece frame for a reel is extremely costly for the folks that have done it. They need to have enough prepaid  preorders to make it feasible. In addition they have to have time in their production schedules.

Based on the 20/0 it is a massive undertaking that is unlikely to get off the ground, even though it sounds like a cool project.

There have been some extremely skilled people on the site who showed us all that if you want something bad enough you can make it yourself with hand tools.

Nick

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

thorhammer

You have enough 12/0's to get a Tib production by yourself. But I'll need two :)

Actually, next time Randy asks for a project suggestion, a 12/0 frame would def get enough interest. I think they have an agreement with Penn about not making stock width projects but i don't see Penn ever making that frame; maybe it could happen. Wouldn't need spools like the 20/0.