How To Upgrade Saltiga 15H to Auto Engage

Started by Bucktail, March 03, 2021, 11:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucktail

Hello Alan and everyone!
I have been away from this board for quite some time and I am happy to see that it is still in existence.
I am hoping somebody can share their knowledge in transforming a USA model Saltiga 15 H into an auto engage clutch system (i.e. the reel engages when the handle is turned like on a baitcaster). I saw a video on Charkbait with the real tech there, Sergey, showing a Saltiga 10 that he had modified to be an auto engage clutch. They mentioned that they were going to make a tutorial but so far haven't. Does anyone here have any advice on how to make this happen?
Thanks all!
Just a jig-a-lo

xaf

alantani

there is likely an eccentric jack, a spring and a ratchet with a pin that you need to switch out.  if you can figure out which reel those parts came from, they could be switched out.  maybe just call and ask charkbait for the part numbers.  the techs at daiwa might know as well. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bucktail

Thanks Alan. I found a YouTube video from somebody else.  Still need to find those part numbers. 👍🏻
Just a jig-a-lo

Bucktail

Actually it's not much of a tutorial, but it's something.  :D
Just a jig-a-lo

Bucktail

Just adding on to this as I learn how to do it, in case anyone else is interested. 
Here is the schematic.  https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0384/6645/3641/files/SASD10-15H.pdf
You will need:
32  E70-8101 SIDE PLT (AUTO CLUTCH)
33  E70-5401 SPRING
46  E70-8201 RACHET (AUTO CLUTCH)
Just a jig-a-lo

mrwilson99

Hi Buck,

Thanks for the information! I wonder if these parts would work on a model 35?

Quote from: Bucktail on March 05, 2021, 04:17:09 AM
Just adding on to this as I learn how to do it, in case anyone else is interested. 
Here is the schematic.  https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0384/6645/3641/files/SASD10-15H.pdf
You will need:
32  E70-8101 SIDE PLT (AUTO CLUTCH)
33  E70-5401 SPRING
46  E70-8201 RACHET (AUTO CLUTCH)

David