the list - SOA 2021, october 5-13, 2021

Started by alantani, March 05, 2021, 06:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

PUT A DAND SHIRT ON, You aren't Dominick!!!

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Tom McKinney

I contacted the SOA office for some more clarity on the testing.
A nasal swab home test is acceptable.
The test can be done no earlier than 10/2 and I assume up to the time of departure. A picture of the negative reault is sufficient.

Those home test kits may get more difficult to acquire as this thing rages, so i would start looking for one now.

Cant wait to share the rail with all y'all. Its been way to long.

oc1

Quote from: Tom McKinney on August 30, 2021, 06:10:00 PM

Those home test kits may get more difficult to acquire as this thing rages, so i would start looking for one now.

I tried to buy one on Amazon the other day.  They are out of the one that gives quick at-home results.  They only had the one that costs a hundred bucks and has to be mailed in to a lab.  Locally, you can walk in to a lab for a test and they email the results the next day.  Those are a hundred bucks too.

Wally15

I just booked a room at the recently renovated Sea Harbor/Vagabond for Oct 4th. 2 Queen beds. Got the senior discount, $174 total. That's $35 more than the Ramada a block away, but much closer to the boat. If someone hasn't booked a room and wants to share, let me know.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Jimmer

Hi Mike - I'm staying at the Ramada the 3rd and 4th, I will be in town all day if you need a ride from the airport, - Jimmer
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

MarkT

Quote from: Wally15 on September 05, 2021, 05:19:19 PM
I just booked a room at the recently renovated Sea Harbor/Vagabond for Oct 4th. 2 Queen beds. Got the senior discount, $174 total. That's $35 more than the Ramada a block away, but much closer to the boat. If someone hasn't booked a room and wants to share, let me know.
GA Mike
The word is the renovation involved new paint, flooring and furniture, same A/C and twice the price!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Aiala

Quote from: MarkT on September 12, 2021, 05:47:49 PM
The word is the renovation involved new paint, flooring and furniture, same A/C and twice the price!

More than worth it, in my view, to avoid staying in that foul dump of a Ramada.  >:(

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

stoked4fishin

I just made a reservation at the Sea Harbor Inn (formerly The Vag), and the price was $197 for 2 Queen room (AAA rate).  When I checked the Ramada, it was something like $168.  I like staying right next to H&M where the SOA berths, makes things easy.  For parking, you can go with the landing or Ramada (although the Ramada is $15/ day vs. $10/day).

Bryan Young

I got rooms at the Ramada with 2 double beds for $113/night/room. Should be good enough for the nights rest before boarding.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

stoked4fishin

That's a good rate for sure.  BTW, you're able to sleep the night before?😎

Bill B

Just got a call from Alan, and after Checking with SWMBO in coming with you.  Anyone have a fishing pole I can borrow?  🤣🤣🤣.  But I will have a few hundred questions Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

Is it important to fish flouro carbon on these longer trips?

How about chrome plated hooks?

Are these worth taking?
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Wally15

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on September 20, 2021, 11:33:16 PM
Just got a call from Alan, and after Checking with SWMBO in coming with you.  Anyone have a fishing pole I can borrow?  🤣🤣🤣.  But I will have a few hundred questions Bill
Welcome aboard! I'm looking forward to finally meeting you.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor