the list - SOA 2021, october 5-13, 2021

Started by alantani, March 05, 2021, 06:13:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthos

Was replacing the top shots on my conventionals yesterday with RP knots when it dawned on me that the hollow core connections I completed last week for two 100 lb reels was done with 60 lb instead of 100 lb mono leader. The moment of truth came when I got to the Daiwa 400H for 60 lb, and, HUH??? Where did all my 60 lb mono leader go???

...&#$@!!%~$!!!...ARRRGH!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(

Back to square one for two hollow core connections. Almost as bad as when realized I left all my conventionals in the garage after arriving at the landing for the 2018 SOA charter...almost.

On the bright side, the mis-spliced 60 lb mono was salvageable as two coils of pre-measured 30'+ top shots...lemons to lemonade.

:D  :D  :D

Bill B

Just looked at the SOA position, last ping was 1.5 hrs ago and they are on a beeline straight for Ensenada.  Save some fish for us guys 🤨. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bill B

Wally15

Quote from: Wally15 on September 05, 2021, 05:19:19 PM
I just booked a room at the recently renovated Sea Harbor/Vagabond for Oct 4th. 2 Queen beds. Got the senior discount, $174 total. That's $35 more than the Ramada a block away, but much closer to the boat. If someone hasn't booked a room and wants to share, let me know.
GA Mike
Extra bed at the Sea Harbor is still available.
Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

Ron Jones

Peaches,
I'll take that bed if no one else needs it.

Wahoo are still on my bucket list. Perhaps this time?
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Porthos

Ron,

Hoping for a wahoo myself on a SOA trip as well...lost that one in short order after hookup in 2018.

Wai

tommyd

Quote from: Porthos on September 26, 2021, 02:08:43 PM
Was replacing the top shots on my conventionals yesterday with RP knots when it dawned on me that the hollow core connections I completed last week for two 100 lb reels was done with 60 lb instead of 100 lb mono leader. The moment of truth came when I got to the Daiwa 400H for 60 lb, and, HUH??? Where did all my 60 lb mono leader go???

...&#$@!!%~$!!!...ARRRGH!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(

Back to square one for two hollow core connections. Almost as bad as when realized I left all my conventionals in the garage after arriving at the landing for the 2018 SOA charter...almost.

On the bright side, the mis-spliced 60 lb mono was salvageable as two coils of pre-measured 30'+ top shots...lemons to lemonade.

:D  :D  :D
As long as you can help me with a bimini twist you can forget just about anything else. I'll have enough to cover you! Tommy

alantani

i'm so far behind it's not even funny......   :-[
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bill B

I just finished replacing 120 linear feet of rotted facia boards, hands are nicked, gouged, splintered, and sore.  But at least it's done and my son can finish painting.  Gonna meet up with John (Brewcrafter) tomorrow for the Tank and some "donations" for the trip.

I need to stop reading these threads, the more I read, the more I realize how much I don't know and don't have 😱😱😱

Bill

Porthos

Bill B

Ron Jones

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on October 01, 2021, 12:54:29 AM
I just finished replacing 120 linear feet of rotted facia boards, hands are nicked, gouged, splintered, and sore.  But at least it's done and my son can finish painting.  Gonna meet up with John (Brewcrafter) tomorrow for the Tank and some "donations" for the trip.

I need to stop reading these threads, the more I read, the more I realize how much I don't know and don't have 😱😱😱

Bill
My first trip I came with almost nothing. We make sure everyone fishes.

The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Bill B

Bryan Young

I am way way behind in being ready for this trip.  Lost a few reels that I wanted to take.  Too poor to buy replacements last minutes...arg...and packing.   I have 3 reels that need line, and possibly all my reels needs new top shots.  So we'll see how it goes. 

I told myself to start prepping 1 year, then 9 months, then 6 months, then 3 months, and now...I'm so far behind...😭😭😭
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

I am thinking about bringing the line winder.  I already have a Pelican box for it. I am probably going to bring all of the loaner rods and reels.

Sometime from Saturday morning or later, make sure get a covid test. You will need proof of a negative test taken not more than 72 hours prior to stepping on board.  You will also need a passport and beer money.  These three things are the absolute minimum.  Anything else we can figure out. 

This year you will not need to bring a sleeping bag and pillow.  The boat is back to supplying bedding for the bunks.

More to come.....

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!