Wind in S W Fl.

Started by fishbum, March 12, 2021, 03:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishbum

Hello,
   Sure wish this wind would slow down so I could go fishing!
I have a used Penn tuna stick l put a 113H on that l rebuilt (after finding this site and learning how to) thank you all! Can't wait to see if I can put some Grouper in the box.
                                        fishbum from Englewood Florida

Gfish

We got it here too. Then the rain's been causing real problems this last week. I start to feel a spiritual decline if I can't get out there a-fishin.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Brewcrafter

Fishbum - No matter how bad we want to fish, remember that Mother Nature always wins.  sit the weather out and we look forward to some pics when you do get out and get them. - john

Bill B

Good to have you here, Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Tightlines667

I just booked my flight for 7 days of offshoretrolling outta the keys with my day the first week of May.  Hope we get some light winds.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thrasher

In like a lion, out like a lamb

ReelFishingProblems

Trip to the middle grounds 7 April. Watching the weather with all of you

Gobi King

28mph gust, when you see white caps in the channel, it is a good indicator you will get a little splashed with 33f temp water  ::)
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Gfish

Perhaps the winds BEFORE you go out could be a good thing, stimulating the bite by mixing up the water column/currents.
Sometimes I get desperate to get offa the land for a couple of hours. Just gotta use my head(fear) as to where to go and how far out.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oldmanjoe

Quote from: ReelFishingProblems on March 30, 2021, 03:54:07 PM
Trip to the middle grounds 7 April. Watching the weather with all of you
The winds will die down for Wednesday ,  South east blowing 10
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

AU7172

For the last 2 months we have had maybe 6 days that were fishable on Mobile Bay. Blowing like crazy right now and the past 6 days.