Zeus 3-4 deflection values.

Started by gstours, May 31, 2022, 03:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: gstours on October 24, 2022, 08:16:53 PMI like the idea and it would even be better for the spiral stripper to have an even smaller diameter ring to keep the line centered on the rod in the start of the transition.  Just me? :al

I think a size 20 guide has the ID size pretty small, at least small enough to pass the knot of the connections of braid+mono line, in you you dont want to use leader with knot connections you can use the size 16 guide but its not as tall as the 20.

to keep the line perfectly centered some have installed the stripped guide a bit tilted to the right, I dont know, maybe 5* degress to the right that will put the left edge of the guide eye right in the 0* axis.
or got with the other style of using the striper guide centered at 0* and then a bumper guide almost centered but bit tilted to the right 3-5* and then start the transition to the left as you normally go.

this arent my findings or anything, its whats all over the web if you search for acid or spiral wrap and also seaching on some sites of NZ and Australia.

Quote from: gstours on October 24, 2022, 08:16:53 PMI didn't want to hijack your thread .  So briefly,

if you look at the tittle of the thread, this is actually your thread amigo hehe. so, go without worries.

by the way, I dont understand the numbers written down from your findings
The Baja Guy

gstours

😞 my bad?  Reply,  sorry for the confusion.  Actually the numbers have meanings.
     It's simple math.    B + C = A.   
On the table shown the left, larger number is the sum of the other two values.

In my earlier questions on the Zeus 3 how much deflection (C) would occur using a 5 pound weight. 
  Earlier much of my testing was done using a 10# load,  and on lighter rods the rod tip was pointed straight down and this is where I discovered it better to use 5# for all further testing.   This also might be meaningless.   :al