113H Special

Started by joesquid, March 19, 2021, 08:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joesquid

That explains it fellas! I think they mentioned 1996 is when it changed.  Thanks!

handi2

Reels of that original shape will have the steel main gear. They can rust but they last forever and don't strip out like the bronze gears.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Rancanfish

I'm a little late to the game here, but if you need a certain thickness SS washer let me know.  I have a baggie full of washers from changing out reels to 5 stacks.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

thorhammer

Quote from: handi2 on March 22, 2021, 08:53:06 PM
Reels of that original shape will have the steel main gear. They can rust but they last forever and don't strip out like the bronze gears.

I prefer these reels when I need a donor reel for a conversion, for this reason. I grease well so no concern about corrosion without paying for SS that I don't need.

joesquid

Thanks for the offer.  I just got the drag kit with 5 washers in the mail today.  I'll let you know if I have any issues.  Thanks again!

Donnyboat

Good Joe, when you place it back together, just make sure the eared washers fit in the grooves on the inside of the main gear, if you need anymore height use some of your old bevilled washers, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

RowdyW

Rather than using bellville washers to adjust the height of the drag stack, use different thicknesses of keyed drag washers.

joesquid

Thanks for all the pointers.  Got the parts and will be diving into it today.  Will let y'all know how it works out.