Because it was there.... Penn LeveLine 350

Started by cdaline, March 21, 2021, 10:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farmer Mike

One comment on their operation.

They levelwind in but not out as the Peers so you can end up with some odd imbalance of line on the spool.

You can't over fill or fill them "to the brim" as they can overload one side of the spool and stack up under the level bar.

Maybe you need to reset the line,  letting a lot out and rewinding every 10 times or so.

Landslide

Sorry for the late response but I just joined today! Beautiful reel, I'd like to hear about your experience with it. This was the first Penn reel I fixed up in this new hobby of mi; my grandfather gave it to me when I was in college and it sat in the garage for over two decades before I rebuilt it. I'm 52 years old and I think it's at least 5 years older than me.

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Landslide on September 20, 2022, 02:18:47 AMSorry for the late response but I just joined today! Beautiful reel, I'd like to hear about your experience with it. This was the first Penn reel I fixed up in this new hobby of mi; my grandfather gave it to me when I was in college and it sat in the garage for over two decades before I rebuilt it. I'm 52 years old and I think it's at least 5 years older than me.

Welcome to the Forum . From Deep in The Heart Of Texas.
Thats a KEEPER REEL For Sure since it has family ties .
Post some pix of it when you can .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

kevin cozens

a very similar looking reel to a daiwa sealine 350L.
I have a pair of daiwas in VGC and they are up for sale.
im asking just £40 each or £70 for the pair.
Both are filled with new penn line and one is boxed.
One has a missing line clip but it does not affect the performance.
i do have the C clip and spring for it though.
both have been fully serviced and are fitted with new carbontex drag washers
I can post worldwide

Gfish

Interesting. Do you know when these Sealines were made?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!