Ultrasonic Cleaners

Started by joesquid, March 28, 2021, 01:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joesquid

Thinking about buying one to clean parts.  Dou you use one?  Can all parts be cleaned?  Size and feature recommendations.

Joe

alantani

One gallon, add hand dishwashing detergent,  not machine dishwasher detergent.  I tried to use it but it was too much hassle and took too long. It doesn't work when your goal is 10 reels a day.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

joesquid

Alan,  That's why I haven't bought one yet.  Not that I'm doing 10 reels a day but I think I'd be too impatient.  How long does it take normally?

Tommy,  Thanks for the link.  I tried doing the search and only found this post.

Dominick

Joe, use the search link in tool bar.  The tool bar has Home, Help, then Search.  Type in the word "ultrasonic."  Yo will get a lot of info with suggestions on UC and cleaning solutions.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

Love mine- It's prolly 1/2 gallon. I usually put parts in about an hour. Like Alan said, not great if you're moving business numbers, but the finished product for the hobbyist is really nice. I use dawn mainly; simple green on occasion but NEVER on aluminum. Be careful cranking the heat on bakelite / plastic plates. It can fade or swell them. US of greasy chrome and then a white vinegar soak really can bring some old dogs back.

John

steelhead_killer

I have two. Use only one now. It's 12" x12x12 filled with half water half simple green.  Pieces that are too big for the mason jars filled with straight simple green just get tossed into the main tank with the jars. I run it for 20 min. Rinse with hot water. Clean. Separate big container of vinegar/water for removing the green stuff. I can do two reels at a time generally. I upped the watts on the this last one and it makes a big difference in the quality of the cleaning.  The cheap little guys just don't do the job I need done fast enough or in the capacity needed.

Andy
><)))">

Justus

Quote from: alantani on March 28, 2021, 01:08:21 AM
One gallon, add hand dishwashing detergent,  not machine dishwasher detergent.  I tried to use it but it was too much hassle and took too long. It doesn't work when your goal is 10 reels a day.

What is your favourite method to clean reels when u are not using an ultrasonic cleaner ?
Do u use any other "part cleaner machine" or do u clean them by hand with a brush and warm water?

Thanks Alan.

Lunker Larry

I just use spray nine and a toothbrush. I put the stripped down reel and parts in a plastic container I have, spray it with Spray Nine, scrub with a toothbrush, rinse with hot water and blow it dry.
Only takes a minute and minimal scrubbing. Small parts I just clean with WD40 and toothbrush. I haven't had any damage to any finish as the whole process takes 5 mins.
Having said that, my work is all done on fresh water reels so I don't have the corrosion and such that salt water reels get. I just have dirt and grease to contend with mostly.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?