Just another 9/0

Started by Ejohns107, April 08, 2021, 11:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ejohns107

First off I just want to say how truly amazing this forum is the information and knowledge here is awesome.

This is my new medium drop rig for my Beach Shark Fishing.

As she sits right now.

Frame- Cortez Conversions
SS Gear and Pinion- Pro Challenger
SS Yoke- Smooth Drag
SS Sleeve- Cortez Conversions
SS Dogs- Cortez Conversions
Ultimate drag- Bryan Young (Greased)

I talked to Mr.Tani today about SS Arm and 6/0 Handle so that's been taken care of. In the future I might go with Cortez Side Plates but right now I want to fish her as is to get her tested out.

Anything anyone can think of that I missed SS Bridge? If they even make one.

thorhammer

Alan's grip is a great upgrade there- I put them on my 6/0's, 9/0's and Ints. The plates are CADILLAC, but I'm not sure you can break that reel in human stand-up fishing situation as you have it set up.

Sal, RIP, got 75 lbs of drag out of one once, and that's a bit to hold on to and stay on your feet.

Bill B

Thats a fish killer for sure.....Another piece of stainless steel that you could add is the dog springs....try taking the insert out of an old windshield wiper blade, thinning it down on a belt sander and bending it to fit....
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Ejohns107

Cool, I need to  replace the windshield wipers on my truck anyway. Will have to try that once I get some new ones.

Bill B

I used a pair of vice grips to hold it and a block of wood to apply pressure on the insert. Be careful as the insert get thinner it tends to over heat and ruin the temper.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Ejohns107

Will do I have my forge in the back yard. Will set the belt grinder to low and just take my time on it and keep dipping it in water to keep it cool.