My new favorite reel. Thank you Penn, Cortez Conversions & Tiburon Engineering.

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, April 10, 2021, 01:17:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter

Wayne - Thanks for posting the photos and video!  Sorry about the trip, but...there's a great taco shop in Morro Bay?  :D - john

El Pescador

Thanks John!!!!

It was our very own Fred who first shared the now-famous Taco Temple!!!!

https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12866.0

Fishing buddy Rick LOVES the Taco Temple's version of Giardiniera!!!  He eats it up with a ladle!!!!

BUTT, they were out on the day we stopped by, so Rick, next time buddy boy!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Caranx

So Randy, only your Newell conversion collections get the "red handle treatment"?? 😀😃🤙🏼🤙🏼

MarkT

Randy, I hope it's your favorite given what you've invested in it and that you'll probably never get it wet!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: MarkT on April 13, 2021, 09:34:15 PM
Randy, I hope it's your favorite given what you've invested in it and that you'll probably never get it wet!

You are right on all counts Mark, but one of these days someone will love it more than me and it will find a new home, hopefully at a decent profit.

Swami805

That reel really does deserve a nice box to display it in. I'd bet Mr. Mayo could come up with something fitting the bill. Keep it in perfect condition too.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

steelfish

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on April 13, 2021, 10:02:51 PM
Quote from: MarkT on April 13, 2021, 09:34:15 PM

You are right on all counts Mark, but one of these days someone will love it more than me and it will find a new home, hopefully at a decent profit.

try offer it to the guys of Tiburon Engineering, they might have another 20/0 frame but pretty sure they dont have those big metal plates.
that reel would look perfect on a glass shelf of tiburon offices 
The Baja Guy

Rivverrat

Iv'e , been away, here off & on for a while now .... Have to say the 1st page contained some pics of you all that are the best Ive seen. Good to see what you look like  ;D ... Jeff

Oh & that 20/0 at least for me would be a peice for the shelf or my office desk. Perfect situation would be to catch one appropriate sized, stellar fish & desk or shelf queen after... Jeff

Shark Hunter

Randy is a Class Act.
As is Cortez Conversions.
These guys Coordinate Amazing Products.
I am one of the 20.
The unveiling will be a Tribute.
Life is Good!

Donnyboat

Wayne thanks for the pics, you said here is Randy with the reel, It would have been nice to see how hansom that Randy bloke is, cheers Don, or did`nt he shave.
Don, or donnyboat

Crow

That is one awesome reel !! :o....and that grub looks pretty impressive, too !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

TheReelShop

That thing looks amazing. I cant wait to assemble the three I have!!!!!

Thanks for making it all happen Randy, and Tom

Shark Hunter

OK, My Turn.
Custom Star and Shark Handle from Sal.
Custom Tutnbuckles from Thorhammer.
Plates and Stainless parts from Tom Hyrinuk.
I Thank you.
Life is Good!