Diesel Fuel

Started by Bill B, April 11, 2021, 02:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makule

Filled the tank with biodiesel.
After use it probably sat in the tank about a month and then it went downhill from then.  The truck only ran a few miles (less than 50) a week.

Quote from: Gobi King on April 26, 2021, 12:56:41 PM
Quote from: Makule on April 26, 2021, 08:39:36 AM
Tried to be a good citizen and used biodiesel in my dump truck.  That fuel gummed up my injection pump and injectors.  Cost me some $$$ to repair the pump and replace the injectors.  Had to drain the tank but could not get all of the fuel out so the problem happened a second time.  So much for being "environmentally conscious".

Makule,
How long does the fuel sit in your dump truck?

My Chevi Dmax is probably neglected diesel east of the Mississippi. Did you run straight BIO? or a blend?
I run 5% to 10% blend in mine few times a year.  Per my butt dino the best fuel I have ever run was bio from a co-op near Grand Island, NE.

Guys in my Chevi club have lost injectors due to abrasive stuff getting through or h20 into the injectors.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

kevin cozens

i live in the UK. back in the 70's my dad used to drive lorries. in winter the fuel used to gel up.
My father prevented it by adding half a gallon of petrol to the fuel.
The only problem is that i would not reccommend doing this to a vehicle with electronic fuel systems.
The old fuel systems were ok. my mate even used to use central heating oil. you would have a 25 litre drum and you added about a third of a pint of 20/50 engine oil to lube the pump. diesel is a natural luibricant but not heating oil

Gobi King

I rarely drove my diesel last year cuz of high diesel prices,
I used Hot Shot's Secret addy to keep it from gelling and other nasty stuff.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

kevin cozens

Quote from: Mic on April 26, 2021, 05:09:49 PMCrow,

Where is "Here" ?

(when I still STAYED here during the winter !!),

Mic
OPPISITE THERE ;D