Spiral wrap saltwater rods.

Started by gstours, April 15, 2021, 04:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Thanks,  I,m digesting all this stuff.   The j v frame was too good a buy in narrow to pass up, about a decade ago.  These are very well made, in weight and thickness kinda in between the Accurate and the Tiber on frames.      Too bad there's no more.    Anyway it's just another great build.
  That said mr. Boon said it right, you need to correct the guides to center the incoming line with out mending it.  This was a "fix" to the test spiral wrap rod,  the purpose was to see if this would allow me to center the stripper guide and make the transition in about a foot....   my initial tests showed it would work.
  I'm of the belief that on a 65 inch rod the spiral guides the transition should be as soon (shortest) as practical........  it's possible that in a longer, lighter rod that it might give you more forgiveness,  but then you have more to work with.
   Possibly with the longer rods with shorter reels and guides the benefits are less pronounced.....🤦‍♀️

thorhammer

Quote from: RowdyW on May 13, 2021, 09:41:37 PM
Hey John, there is nothing wrong with a Jvariance frame or side plates. They are a copy of Accurate frames & plates. I've got a full half dozen of them in gold, red, & silver. We just don't see them to often any more. They haven't been available for almost 10 years. I remember when I bought mine they were about $125-$135 for a set of plates & frame. Those were the days.  :D

I was recognizing them, not calling them out; my bad. I have a set of red JVariance plates, nicely done. And a prize pair of those Sabres with fully built ice blue CC 4/0's on them. 125 for the set of plates and frame, yeah that's a win!