shimano talica clicker problem

Started by steelfish, April 14, 2021, 06:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

I have these two talica 25 were the clicker sounds pretty low almost silent, I dont have another talica reel to check how good and loud is the clicker sound, but to me, these two reels have a problem with the clicker, I read on another sites that actually Talicas have the clicker sound pretty low.

on a quick check out I cannot noticed any problem, my only concern is once you activate the clicker and spin the spool to hear it the clicker sound, the tip of the tongue of the clicker (clicker pawl) move a bit aside maybe because the springs are not strong enough (the tongue is centered by the force of two springs) causing to dont apply much pressure to the plastic gear teeth on the spool, but thats only my theory.

have any of you noticed a problem with the clicker sounding pretty low? I know in some reels the clicker is lame and no way to improve it.

the sides of the tip of the clicker pawl look with a bit of erosion, but I dont think that can cause the alarms to sound that low, while there is still the problem of the tip moving aside and not be straight on the plastic gear
The Baja Guy

steelhead_killer

I have had luck by replacing the clicker and the springs.  Seems to me that the springs are what pull the clicker back into position and the stronger they are the louder the click. 

Andy
><)))">

steelfish

Quote from: steelhead_killer on April 15, 2021, 01:42:40 PM
I have had luck by replacing the clicker and the springs.  Seems to me that the springs are what pull the clicker back into position and the stronger they are the louder the click. 

Andy

thanks Andy, do you recall if you also needed to replace the plastic gear on the spool too?
The Baja Guy

steelhead_killer

I do if there is a groove worn into it from the clicker.  That groove reduces the distance the clicker travels before bottoming out thus reducing the sound and strength
><)))">

akfish

The clicker tongue is worn as if you leave the clicker on while fighting fish. Do you? That's a sure way to wipe out any clicker...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

steelfish

Quote from: akfish on April 15, 2021, 05:40:38 PM
The clicker tongue is worn as if you leave the clicker on while fighting fish. Do you?

not my reels, but pretty sure the owner likes to fish and retrieve with the clicker on all the time.

thanks

@ thanks Andy, I pretty sure the plastic gear eventho dont show signs of a groove from the clicker tongue, IT has to have some there, I will recommend to change all the clicker parts since they are not that expensive.
The Baja Guy