JigSkins on Flatfall & Speed Blanks

Started by Tightlines667, April 20, 2021, 01:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tightlines667

I made up a batch of 10 flatfall and speed jigs using blanks, hooks, and jigskins.  $180 in parts, 2hrs labor.

I used 6oz blanks, 7/0 double assist hooks, 300lb snap rings, and metalic Mackrel, and metalic Sardine pattern Jigskins in medium size.  The small size actually wrapped this size jig better w/o distortion but they turned out ok.  Hopefully the fish like them.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

thorhammer

John, those are sweet!!!!! I bought some a couple years back to repurpose some beaten up plugs, but haven't gotten around to then yet. '

Bill B

A couple of those look like real fish!  John, any opinions on how long the film will last?  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on April 20, 2021, 06:35:45 PM
A couple of those look like real fish!  John, any opinions on how long the film will last?  Bill

Seems pretty tough.  I will let u know how they hold up.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

steelfish

The Baja Guy

gstours

Those look great.  I've yet to try these skins.   Thanks for the reminder.🎣🤔🎣🐟

Gfish

Cool! Be interesting to see what Snappers and Wahoos do to the skins. Got a max size Hawaiian Hogfish last time out, that thing had forward angled fangs like I ain't seen before! 
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Hardy Boy

Those look great. I don't know how I missed hearing about them. I just checked out their site....................... cool.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd

AlasKen

I don't want to sound like a whiner but this site costs me money🤪.  I really like the look of these and the ability to resurface existing lures might save me money. 
I like fishing buzz bombs for salmon. https://www.buzzbombtackle.com/product-category/buzz-bomb/   I have good luck with them and the kids like them because they are doing something.  I replace the treble hooks with J hooks.  I found the original buzz bomb at local gun shop for 1.99.  I ordered some jigskins to try on them.  The originals are lead with a faint paint line.  I got some herring and abolone to try.  I will use the skins and give my wife the plain ones and see if there is a difference.