Joel Morenfeld - we might be losing a friend very soon

Started by alantani, April 24, 2021, 04:37:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i just received a call from columbia, south america.  luz morenfeld called.  she is joel's wife and she says that joel is in intensive care and is not expected to survive the weekend.  he is 80 and was actually hoping to make it on this year's spirit of adventure trip.  he had been developing worsening dementia and now we know why.  according to luz, his doctors had found a couple of tumors in his abdomen that were operable, and a pair of brain tumors that were not operable.  the abdominal tumors were removed this last tuesday and he was recovering nicely during the week.  yesterday, one of the brain tumors start hemorrhaging.  these are in a spot that his doctors cannot reach.  it does not look like he will make it through the week.  if there is any more news, i will forward it along.   :-[
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Quote from: alantani on April 24, 2021, 04:37:57 PM
i just received a call from columbia, south america.  luz morenfeld called.  she is joel's wife and she says that joel is in intensive care and is not expected to survive the weekend.  he is 80 and was actually hoping to make it on this year's spirit of adventure trip.  he had been developing worsening dementia and now we know why.  according to luz, his doctors had found a couple of tumors in his abdomen that were operable, and a pair of brain tumors that were not operable.  the abdominal tumors were removed this last tuesday and he was recovering nicely during the week.  yesterday, one of the brain tumors start hemorrhaging.  these are in a spot that his doctors cannot reach.  it does not look like he will make it through the week.  if there is any more news, i will forward it along.   :-[
Sad news. It's fun fishing with Joel.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

MarkT

Oh boy, sorry to hear that.  Joel is one of the good guys.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

:o( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

pjstevko

Brewcrafter

Donnyboat

So sad for you Luz, all the best of health for you in the future, very trying time for you, amazing how these tumors develop, and when they are in an un operable area around the brain, they must be very painful, cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Porthos

Wally15

Very sad news. I was looking forward to sharing some rail and some laughs with Joel again on the SoA.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor

borchcl

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

Quote from: Wally15 on April 25, 2021, 01:18:00 AM
Very sad news. I was looking forward to sharing some rail and some laughs with Joel again on the SoA.
GA Mike

I only had the funds for 1 trip this year and was leaning towards Cedros until Joel told me he was going to be on the 2021 SOA trip.  That made the choice easy.  He will be missed.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rocket Dog

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are