Penn 6/0 Handle

Started by Tate, April 22, 2021, 02:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tate

Hello,

I have an extra 6/0 that is missing a handle.  I really don't want to buy a new handle as the cost is high I think.  I do have this part of a handle, but it needs a knob.  Any ideas on how I can add a knob on this.

Gfish

Sssuuup Tate.
Good view of a knobless handle. JMO, but peening on a stock knob would be difficult without special tools and knowhow. For me, I'd get an aftermarket knob, grind/drill off the old shaft and bolt on the new one.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

RowdyW

Contact Alan T.  for a s/s arm & his T bar knob. The arm you have is kind of short. The replacement arm from Alan has two hole positions which is also known as a power handle. Also you could try Ted (Maxed Out) for his handle combos.    Rudy

gstours

Here's a good example of a way to show your creative ideas and using your hands to save money.
 Depending on how much time you have and your shop skills 🔧,the knob could be angled like more modern reels or whatever you have in mind.
 Larger knobs may be more comfortable,  so it's really up to you.  Plastic rod, casting epoxy around the shaft is do able. And wood is easy to work with.  
 You can't really screw it up worse, can you.    Have fun, be creative,  face the challenge.🎣

Gfish

Agree wholeheartedly with Gary. If that chromed outter section still spins on the peened-in brass, you could conceivably create your own knob. And if you wanna use a Penn 6/0 torpedo knob, I have one that's yours from a change-out I did as described in my first post. How to remove the knob from metal guts, I don't know...lemme know if you want it.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!