THOR God of thunder fishing rod

Started by steelfish, April 26, 2021, 08:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

this is a customized factory Seeker 660H 6'C  american series fishing rod, my friend wanted a rod for his kid's Bday and wanted a rod with Thor  theme.
wanted something similar to my Superman themed rod, so might find them with some similarities (kind of hard to play with colors when superman, spiderman, thor, capt america, etc share same colors ).

I wanted to try something new for the 1st time, not a big deal but I tried to wrap those chainsaw wraps before and didnt looked good, so, I think this time I got them right, I put them here as "lightnings" of Thor "god of thunder".

the rest is just really bright colored thread with some ALPS SU heavy duty guides and Shrink tube over factory hypalon which was carved to have an spiral groove around the grip, looks pretty good and offer more grip while handling it.

The Baja Guy

steelfish

few more
The Baja Guy

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

oldmanjoe

:)   I said it before and i will say it again , you have a good eye for color and lay out .    Well done .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

philaroman

beautiful...  
can you sneak a little electronic gizmo into the handle,
that makes intermittent thunder sounds?  ;D ;D ;D

steelfish

Quote from: philaroman on April 26, 2021, 11:51:13 PM
beautiful...  
can you sneak a little electronic gizmo into the handle,
that makes intermittent thunder sounds?  ;D ;D ;D

nop, that would be cool, isnt it?  imagine a sound gizmo for a Jedi fishing lightsaber, bzzzm BBzzzzmm
The Baja Guy

gstours

Yes, you nailed the gift,  you have made good progress,  your eye for colors is what will be your best friend.
Any body else will have to learn from you.   Keep doing what you love.  Just saying.🐈

Brewcrafter

Fantastic build.  Any while I will echo everyone's praise for your use of color, I also really like the small details (cookies?) with the symbols put by the guides. - john

oc1

Tiddlerbasher

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

steelfish

Quote from: Brewcrafter on April 27, 2021, 04:06:45 AM
I also really like the small details (cookies?) with the symbols put by the guides. - john

the simbols at the reserve of the guides  are "logos" or "simbols" related to the superhero THOR, the hammer, the helmet, loki helmet, "A" of Avengers, etc

Quote from: oc1 on April 27, 2021, 09:05:43 AM
That's a cool Alex Shark logo too.
thanks for notice it Steve, I drew that shark-Alex logo back on 1984 on a boring Chemistry class in middle school, I never imagined to actually used it on something worthy, saw it on my school books few years ago and took a picture to reproduce it on the computer.
since I was a child I found the sharks as one of the most fantastic animals in the world.

The Baja Guy

Benni3

steelfish

I have always said the best pictures of my rods are when they are actually being used by the owners, just like this !!

The Baja Guy